New Paint Scheme?

2005_0723Image0024edited.jpg

This is a 10 year old photo of my car.  It still looks the same but, over the 18 years since it was painted, it has garnered a fair amount of road rash and I'm planning on repainting it.

The question is: Do I go back with exactly the same scheme (which I love) or is there something else that can be done to add some more pizzaz?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at ghosting in "LS!" either on the hood or the front fenders.  Thoughts? What if the stripe were ghosted in using a slightly darker version of the pearl red on the car?

SCCA stripes?

Datsunfreak - where in Arlington do you live?  I used to live on Anchorage Drive just off the Bowman Springs exit off I-20. Lived there 23 years and then moved up here 8.5 years ago.

Wife and son have been working on me as far as the exterior paint goes.  Basically they're saying go big or go home.  This is kind of what I'm thinking now:

Metallic gun metal gray with ZG flares.

SCCA stripes on the fenders in contrasting red and silver.

Contrast in "LS1" on one of the stripes.

Paint the brake calipers red.

Go to 17x 9 or 10" wheels running at least 275/40-17's in the rear and 245/40-17's in the front.  I haven't investigate what will fit a combination of the ZG flares and TTT coilover kit.

Suggestions for wheel color?  I'm thinking either the body color or black with maybe some kind of red or silver contrast.

So, I've been looking at sources for ZG flares.  So far I know about MSA and Japan Garage. JPN Garage has two widths and I would opt for the wider ones that are 3.25" in the front and 3.75" in the rear.  MSA doesn't list the width of their ZG flares so I'll have to talk to them before I decide. 

Any other good sources for the ZG flares?  I'm leaning toward the fiberglass ones vs carbon fiber both because of cost and fiberglass is more readily repairable in the average body shop.

So, I've been looking at sources for ZG flares.  So far I know about MSA and Japan Garage. JPN Garage has two widths and I would opt for the wider ones that are 3.25" in the front and 3.75" in the rear.  MSA doesn't list the width of their ZG flares so I'll have to talk to them before I decide. 

MSA flares should match the skinnier width of the two options from JPN, which are both replicas of the stock flares.