Rescued from a field

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

It seems like it's been forever since I made this post, but I just got around to cleaning it up this weekend. I had a MUD BOG left after the power wash. haha

Before the descaling (there was dirt and there was mold growing on the car):

IMG_6172.jpg

IMG_6174.jpg

IMG_6177.jpg

IMG_6180.jpg

IMG_6186.jpg

Going to have to spend more time over in Texas, keep reading about all the great finds.

My buddy who lives in a small Texas town just found a Celica GT that runs and drives for 450$. Hell, even with the small amount of rust, that's worth it!

• Like 1

Also, yes those are S13 wheels. They were free and they have tires that haven't been flat for 34 years. ^_^

Speaking of which, after looking at the condition of everything (especially the interior), I'm 99% positive that this is the original unflipped mileage:

IMG_6192.jpg

IMG_6193.jpg

Datsunfreak is your go to source for technical or parts questions. And he is sort of local. You have a great find. I am prepping a 1200 Coupe for Autocross. I lived in San Antonio and the Texas Hill Country most of my life. Moved to the DFW area because of work. Met many great people here, but my heart belongs to the Guadalupe. Many good times floating and fishing Texas' most beautiful river.

GuadalupeRiverTubingHorseshoeLoopCanyonL

I make no promises. Mostly because I cannot leave it rusty.

Super find on the 2-dr. I can tell from two pages of posts that you will live with the survivor a while before progressing with making irreversible upgrades/changes. Your find is a true survivor.

I, too, have to live with a vehicle for a while before it's true gender presents itself. In fifty years there have been more female cars than males. Maybe it's just the kind of cars that have always caught my fancy??

BTW, any other photos that show a little more of the VW Bug in that in-the-field photo? I see that it is pre-1965. My Bug cut-off year; can't help but ask.

Steve

As previously posted, i'm sure a good lock smith can make keys to fit your ignition. I just had a set made for a 1969. I just carried the ignition switch into the lock smith's store and they looked through a bunch of books, used the code on the ignition and I had a new key in about 30 minutes. Find a lock smith that has been in business for a long, long time. The lock smith I use has been in business for over 50 years.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...