KA24de swap radiator setups?

mbunzel

Alright its time to figure out a radiator for my swap and  I wanna know what most guys are running in their trucks. I have heard info on certain vw stock radiators working well in 510's but im not sure how different the core supports are. If they do share a similar core support cx racing sells  a aluminum radiator with fans. http://www.cxracing.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CXR&Product_Code=RAD-D5K-SHROUD-2FAN12

• Like 1
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a ae86 aluminum radiator in my 510. eBay $125

Didn't need to cut the radiator support like you have to with the "Datsun 510 KA radiator", fans are in front of the rad though but the hoses are on the right side so no ridiculous amount of hoses like farmer joe

• Like 1

Im trying to avoid having multiple hoses just for the upper radiator hose plus im running my intake like the stock 240 would so i need that extra space in front of the motor. 

You can have the inlet moved by a radiator shop fairly cheap. Planning to do this on my next radiator, as well as having a sight glass installed. 

• Like 1

I have a ae86 aluminum radiator in my 510. eBay $125

Didn't need to cut the radiator support like you have to with the "Datsun 510 KA radiator", fans are in front of the rad though but the hoses are on the right side so no ridiculous amount of hoses like farmer joe

Do you know if the the 510 core supports are similar to the 620s? 

• Like 1

You can have the inlet moved by a radiator shop fairly cheap. Planning to do this on my next radiator, as well as having a sight glass installed. 

Stopped by the local radiator shop and they said they could move the inlet no problem for 70 bucks. 

• Like 2

Do you know if the the 510 core supports are similar to the 620s? 

I have no idea, try to compare the dimensions(measure) of the radiators on a 620, 510, and the ae86. At first i was worried the ae86 rad was guna be to tall but it cleared fine.