'62 Falcon Econoline

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup. Straight out of 1935.   ^_^

But oddly, in demand from guys who build "gassers". 

steer001.JPG

Hey yeah, there would be one hell of a mind boggler, do it up gasser style with a Skyline RB26 in it! Think about, still a straight six but hell of a lot different than any ol v8 setup! XD

I wouldn't say bolt right up,,, with a ton of work they fit .

And yeah the 250 would have later pattern,,, which would make using the 3 on the tree much more difficult to keep.

Really? Most the guys I've talked to that have done say that the crossmember out of the crown vic line up prefect with the f-100 pickup frame holes to bolt to it. I've never done it myself so what da hell do I know? XD 

That is one sexy van Tim. Oh, and the one on bags looks decent as well. Sad to see the subaru go though :(

Not that this is a vote, but I like Tim's idea of the L28. Seems like it would be more unique that way, but what do I know :P

I like Tim's idea of the L28. 

Welp. Too late.   ^_^

200/C4 from a '67 Mustang picked up today...

20150501_192422.jpg

Just needs a freeze plug replaced, so I'm hopeful we'll have it running by summer...   :thumbup:

And no, we won't be using the C4 trans.   ^_^

• Like 1

Welp. Too late.

See, you say this, but we all know that may end up is a go cart or lawn mower and that project might be finished before chickenhawk :P

EDIT: And they'd both be finished before my coupe :(

See, you say this, but we all know that may end up is a go cart or lawn mower and that project might be finished before chickenhawk :P

All morning I kept saying to myself, "You are a retard! Work on the Chickenhawk!" but kept right on futzing with the van engine.

Freeze plugs knocked out (two were rusted through), and tried to weld a nut onto the broken stud...

20150509_085453.jpg

That didn't work, even after multiple tries, so we got out the Dremel and cut it flush...

20150509_092945.jpg

Then center-punched it and drilled it out...

20150509_095841.jpg

Tried to retap it but the tap kept getting stuck. So I shined a light in the hole and realized it was binding up on all the loose metal threads from the old bolt. Took a pick and pulled all of those out, then was able to run a tap through the factory threads and we're good to go!  :thumbup:

Of course that means it's time for a header test fit...   B)

20150509_101622.jpg

Also found a Falcon in the junkyard and got the stainless wiper arms from it, then took off that hideous spare tire mount...   :thumbup:

20150509_112847.jpg

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Someone had to go and show me an L-20 (six cylinder) Skyline manifold with an single Hitachi downdraft carb on it... like in person... I could put my grubby mitts on it!  Now I got the shit-hots to put the 200 Ford motor and headers on e-Bay/Craigslist and revive the L-28 & five-speed idea.  Somebody needs to talk me down from this cliff... or push me over the edge.  I'm easy.

I was discussing this van with John today and was lamenting the fact that the teardrop windows were borked.  He suggested converting it to a window van.  I just had a look at the pix and thought, "Hmm, what about half-n-half?"  Leave the barn doors and opposite side solid but put in the windows at the rear?  Basically add the windows with the "Mooneyes" decal in the picture above... sort of thing.  Aaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnd discuss.

• Like 1