'62 Falcon Econoline

Econoline = Panel Side

Falcon Club wagon = Windows galore

Strange thing about this van is that it sort of splits the difference. Normally those small windows just behind the doors only come on a van full of windows. Never seen them on a panel van. I can't even find a pic online of a panel van with the extra side windows.  :confused:

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go for a good old 300-6. It will run forever and have a lot more power than the 235

Had a 300 six in a 74 Ford F-100, Had Holley 600 CFM 4 barrel that sat sideways on the intake instead of fore and aft parallel with the motor ,and Headers, ran really well

John is pushing me in this direction.  I'm fighting back, but resistance is waning.  If the one I found on Craigslist is any good, we might gopher it.

And this van may end up sporting Falcon badges at some point...   B)

Along with modified Mazda Millenia in badges front of it?

Get it?

"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid."

"You came in THAT?!?!?!  You're braver than I thought."

John is pushing me in this direction.  I'm fighting back, but resistance is waning.  If the one I found on Craigslist is any good, we might gopher it.

5.0 5.0 5.0 5.0!!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: B)

plus the cool sounds from headers and Flowmasters! 

The 300 with those same items sounds almost exactly the same. And with a bigger bore it might give an even deeper tone.  B)

I'm just saying, the 300 requires minimal mods to fit. The V8 is likely going to require major surgery to both the floor and the doghouse. 

We have a 5.0 on the floor. Going to measure it (And an L28E) tomorrow then compare that to the doghouse and see what's up...

If I remember right, you have to widen the dog house a little, one of the guys I used to hang with back in the 70s had a 302 in one. He didn't have any metal fab skills, so he built a wood cover to replace the dog house that looked like a coffin, looked crazy! Then there are the normal 6 to V8 motor mount issues. A straight 6 will never come close to a V8 rumble, just not the same!

I think I have decided to stop being a dumbass... well, in regards to THIS project... sort of.  I finger if Mr. Wiggly (1976 Dodge van with Slant Six/3 on the tree) ran fine with a 32/36 through a factory 1bbl manifold, I can go a similar route with a 200ci motor we've found on the list of Craig.

The later 250 is a good strong motor ,, they made them for many years but don't know how many of those even exist any more though.

BTW even though this seems to be settled ,,  i had a Falcon window van,,, and it had a falcon emblem on it .

Found a clean 250 from a '70 Mustang, but he's really proud of it. The 200 I found is from a '65 Mustang and about 1/3 the cost, so...

I'm also not sure the 250 WILL bolt up to my tranny.  I read on the Rumorpedia that the 250s had a different bolt pattern.

• Like 1

I say stick with a straight 6, it's harder to find one of these with one still in cus everyone drops a v-8 in them but Here's my real question, does the van have a unibody build or does it have a frame like the f-100 did?

• Like 1

Well dang, there goes the idea to throw a crown vic front end under it. I found it surprising that the front end out of a 1996? to ??? would bolt right up to many f-100 Trucks. I take it then that the van does have a straight front axle or does it have a arms?

Well dang, there goes the idea to throw a crown vic front end under it. I found it surprising that the front end out of a 1996? to ??? would bolt right up to many f-100 Trucks. I take it then that the van does have a straight front axle or does it have a arms?

I wouldn't say bolt right up,,, with a ton of work they fit .

And yeah the 250 would have later pattern,,, which would make using the 3 on the tree much more difficult to keep.