'62 Falcon Econoline

I have been kicking myself ever since I traded my 1976 Dodge B150 van for a Mercruiser Marine powered GMC truck a few years ago.  Well, Datsunfreak has come to my rescue by selling my Subaru and buying a 1962 Ford Falcon Econoline Van for me!  I'm so happy I could squeal!  In fact, after he left, I did!  My thinking is L-28 & five-speed but we might just rebuild the Ford donk.  Hopefully he'll post up oics soon.  Not sure when we're going to tuck into the revival onnacounta we have the Chickenhawk to finish first.  We'll see.

• Like 2
  • Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Falcon was a Ford car. Econoline is the van. I drive a E150 Ford Van at work. Don't know if they still call it Econoline but pretty sure that's where the E comes from. Owned a '62 Econoline back in the '70s. It was a retired Bell Telephone lineman's van. 170 cu in ? 4.54 diff, top speed about 60? Good times!!!!

And for the record I would prefer the Ford engine, just to get it on the road quicker.  ^_^

But then there's this...

1963-ford-econoline-03a.JPG

A lot of advertisements of the era refer to it as the "Falcon Econoline Van", so...

15855388890_535827fe3c_b.jpg

What about that nice Ford engine that was in the B210?

And for the record I would prefer the Ford engine, just to get it on the road quicker.  ^_^

Sure, if we can find one of those Australian aluminium heads with the detachable intake maniflod!  And an Australian intake maniflod.

What about that nice Ford engine that was in the B210?

Done been sold off loooooong ago, unfortunately.  However, I have been told that there might be a "spare" V8 lurking somewhere at the shop.

Guest Rick-rat

Go for a good old 300-6. It will run forever and have a lot more power than the 235

Had a 300 six in a 74 Ford F-100, Had Holley 600 CFM 4 barrel that sat sideways on the intake instead of fore and aft parallel with the motor ,and Headers, ran really well

Econoline = Panel Side

Falcon Club wagon = Windows galore

Mine just said Econoline and Heavy Duty. It was all windows down both sides and the back doors. 170 cu in six, 4.54 gears, three in the tree and mid engine.

What is the deal with the Auzie parts?

T'is my understanding that Ford of Oz said, "Oy!  This head/manifold sucks dingo balls!" and built their own head and intake setup.  They call it a 2V (I assume like the 2bbl heads on the Cleveland V8s here) and it is supposed to be a real improvement.  They, so I read, also developed a cross-flow head for the big six as well.

• Like 1