'71 510 wagon, shop project

I bought the later 200sx slaves and use the 510 rod for my 510 T/O fork as I like the adjustability.

I thought Rockauto has the 510 slaves still. most might be the aluminum Taiwan units but seems the Taiwan units steel or alum don't last more than 5 years esp with a Roadster clutch

I have still spares new Nabco or Tokico units so I use them. So maybe they might be out by now

Icehouse woud just buy the 240 sx slave and slap them on where needed using the correct length rod

• Like 1
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought the later 200sx slaves and use the 510 rod for my 510 T/O fork as I like the adjustability.

I understand that. But I don't want to adjust it.  ^_^

I like a more "set it and forget it" approach. Especially when I may be selling the car to someone who doesn't know they have to adjust it occasionally.  ;)

I thought Rockauto has the 510 slaves still.

They do. For now.

But I can get the 240SX slave at the parts store on the corner, so...    B)

Look, I'm not actively campaigning to get everyone to do this, or even suggesting anyone do it. I like doing it and thought I'd share. You can do whatever you like on yours.   :thumbup:

• Like 2

Last time I ran into the clutch slave issue, we got a S13 slave (they are all the same really, go look up the part numbers on Rockauto...), then stabbed the original 240z rod into the new slave. Works great, and we havent adjusted since. I think thats what I had in my 510 as well.

Also, parts guys dont look at you odd when you ask for a 92 240sx slave cylinder...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...