Mad Max Fury Road

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish the Everett drive in was still open :(

I'm thinking since I live where I do the Whidbey drive in is closer than the Everett one but I miss the Everett one as well. That place was cool and I watched them tear it down because I lived down the street from it

CGI?? No magic trick can withstand too much close scrutiny. So let it go and be a kid again... filled with awe and wonderment.

Some movies are unbelievable ... yet are fantastic fun and enjoyable to watch. The trick is for the movie to convince you into letting go.  As Ed Wood said... "suspend your disbelief'. I'll be going to see this as a kid. For an hour or so I'll be 10 years old again.

• Like 2

The CGI was very minimal, or at least, very well done.  I didn't get any feelings of being cheated.  Part of that was a little Frank Miller-esque in the editing with reds and blacks.  Still, fucking awesome!  I didn't expect it to take quite that story line.  It does follow after Thunderdome, as evidenced by the white War Boys.  Remember the end, pig killer and the other kid they rescue from the pig shit factory.

Very well done.  Glad I paid the ridiculous amount and went and saw it.  Wasn't the end all-be all, but it was damn well done with lots of glorious action and violence.

• Like 1