Mad Max Fury Road

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Every movie today is cgi and everyone thinks it is soooo amazing, usually the last 30 minutes is a mash up of every car flip, mega bass explosion and some stupid kid that busts one liners, but hey I kinda wanna see it, not nearly as much as the Paul Newman flick

• Like 1

That's the thing about the madmax movie, very little CGI

I can tell a bigger lie than that,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, i believe you.

In the official "main" trailer 16 seconds in there it is,,,,,,, CGI ,,What is he gonna jump off the cliff or onto that giagantis hook  that appears outta no fucking where??   Seriously the whole fucking thing looks green screen,,,,,,,,, even the people driving the cars look fake.

Don't get me wrong CGI has a place in many a movie franchise ,, just NOT Mad Max.

8712-star-wars-funny-darth-vader-lebewsk

• 2 weeks later...

So I was talking to a guy yesterday at NAPA and I really didn't think about it, but that Weiand blower has to be spinning to supply air to the motor.  Interestingly, the early MR2s used an AC clutch to turn the supercharger on and off thus running NA when power wasn't needed, but it also wasn't the same type of blower.  Short of it is, the switch type wouldn't work in the Mad Max application, but it's still cool as hell! ;)

• Like 1

I remember a couple weeks ago when a bunch of people were pretty excited about the "fight of the century", too...

tumblr_lr2n9kE22w1qjl6iro1_500.gif

• Like 2

I'm looking forward to the movie. Green screen and CGI or no, it looks like they've nailed what I always thought made Mad Max really cool: they aren't taking themselves too seriously. Sure, there's lots of intense sequences and probably some really good acting from Tom Hardy and the cast, but c'mon... There's a guy playing a flamethrowing guitar on a moving concert stage, chastity belts that have to be undone with bolt cutters, a car that looks like a porcupine attempting to give everyone tetanus, and a story line that was probably written by a 12 year old with way too many junky hotweels. 

That doesn't mean it isn't going to be fucking awesome. 

• Like 5

I'm looking forward to the movie. Green screen and CGI or no, it looks like they've nailed what I always thought made Mad Max really cool: they aren't taking themselves too seriously. Sure, there's lots of intense sequences and probably some really good acting from Tom Hardy and the cast, but c'mon... There's a guy playing a flamethrowing guitar on a moving concert stage, chastity belts that have to be undone with bolt cutters, a car that looks like a porcupine attempting to give everyone tetanus, and a story line that was probably written by a 12 year old with way too many junky hotweels.

That doesn't mean it isn't going to be fucking awesome.

This post just made my day because that's exactly why I wanna see it.

Car that looks like a porcupine trying to give everyone tetanus. :rofl:

• Like 1