Gauges for KA24 engine

Hey guys, so I just recently bought myself a 1969 Datsun 510. Pretty stoked on it! But anyways, the previous owner of the vehicle said that the stock gauges won't work/correspond with the ka24 engine. None of the gauges work at all. So what gauges will work for the ka engine?? Thanks!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Speedometer?If you have the 240sx trans with speeds sensor, just  get a mechanical pinion sleeve from a D-21 Hardbody and you can uses your 510 speedometer cable.

Tach should still work if connected to the negative side of coil.

The fuel gauge should still work. Unless tank sender changed?

Water temp ... get any L series or any Datsun water temp sensor used up until the mid '80s (extremely common) and replace the KA sender with it. The KA sender is on the upper rad outlet on the intake on or near the thermostat. Looks like this...

.12757_Nissan_25080-89907_FG01-01.jpg

You know what the L series looks like. I think they may be the same just different connector. Try it first. The 510 water temp sender wire is White/Yellow stripe. Connect to the KA sensor and see.

• Like 2

Speedometer?If you have the 240sx trans with speeds sensor, just  get a mechanical pinion sleeve from a D-21 Hardbody and you can uses your 510 speedometer cable.

Tach should still work if connected to the negative side of coil.

The fuel gauge should still work. Unless tank sender changed?

Water temp ... get any L series or any Datsun water temp sensor used up until the mid '80s (extremely common) and replace the KA sender with it. The KA sender is on the upper rad outlet on the intake on or near the thermostat. Looks like this...

.12757_Nissan_25080-89907_FG01-01.jpg

You know what the L series looks like. I think they may be the same just different connector. Try it first. The 510 water temp sender wire is White/Yellow stripe. Connect to the KA sensor and see.

Sweet thanks! Oh and by the way, if I WERE to get new gauges which I am pretty soon, which ones will be of good quality without breaking the bank?