'75 280z Tokico 5022 Springs

NC280z

Good evening all,

I've just recently noticed that the rear passenger side on my Z has a slightly smaller gap between the fender and tire than my driver side. I've got 5022 springs and Tokico HP struts, and I've verified that the springs/struts are in the correct locations (not fronts on the rear, etc.). All of the bushings, front and rear, have been replaced using the poly Energy Suspension kit. I've also checked to make sure that the springs line up with the notches in the seats, and that the bolts are all tightened down evenly. The car is on a level surface, too.

What could cause one side to be lower than the other? My passenger side rear tends to rub over rough bumps as well. Thanks for any input you guys might have!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fender shouldn't rub tires if the proper wheel rim offset and tire is used. Tire should not extend out past the fender lip.

To even the height, place a rubber spacer under the passenger side coil spring. A large washer shaped disc of conveyor belt is great for this.