CANBY 2016 CANT WAIT

Ranman72

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Home from Canby after 2 weeks and 23 hours. To Canby about 550 miles, to Calgary another 800. To Near Fort St John's in the Peace River district another 750 aprox. Mileage 34.2 or 28.4 US MPG. Home was another 1,100 miles at 27.66 US MPG.

This is with a 4.11 rear end. Also has the retro fitted L16 exhaust and '79 intake with water cooled runners on the newly replaced head gasket and home made down pipe just completed 5 days before start of Canby trip.

At about the 2K mark I noticed the oil pressure had dropped. High is now almost 40 and low looks like 20 PSI. It was 65 PSI in Calgary. Reading has nothing to do with oil temp or engine revs. Thought about this for several hundred miles as there was nothing else to do. Convinced that the gauge is being lied to by the sender. :lol:

Car got thumbs up twice, called a 'classic' by BC Ferry employee, one "my sister had a '77", one offer for parts from wife's ex husbands old car sitting in yard for 15? years, several honks but maybe I was driving too slow? Dozens of looks, but might have been glares from driving too slow?

Half dozen times someone pushing me down the road because they were in a hurry suddenly found themselves in a corner going too fast! I'm lower, lighter and outta here. They shriek the tires and back off. SUV did this on the Lillooet to Pemberton run. About 30-40 miles of the 60 are well paved but incredibly twisty, up and down. Here is just a small small section...

Here's only 6 min. Imagine an hour with more trees, along a river, up down over creeks... and twice as fast

• Like 5

Seven nights in goon not counting Canby. Most miles in a day 721. Three states, and two provinces (Alberta twice because road washed out) Saw cow moose, an elk in Jasper National Park, lots of deer. Was allowed into the engineering spaces of the WAC Bennett Dam on the Peace River where tourists are not allowed. About 3,100 miles at 27-28 MPG US. 

How are the kids, were they good??? Did they miss me?

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I was trying to figure out who owned the butterscotch 510 with the plaid panel,while I was walking around talking to people Sunday. That's such a cool idea,especially if there was a mismatched panel there anyway, (is that the case? ). Primer is fine, but the plaid just looks so Damn cool !

• Like 1

Great pictures!

I was trying to figure out who owned the butterscotch 510 with the plaid panel,while I was walking around talking to people Sunday. That's such a cool idea,especially if there was a mismatched panel there anyway, (is that the case? ). Primer is fine, but the plaid just looks so Damn cool !

Low key thinking of stealing that idea for my wagon

Yeah i was tired of the baremetal panel.... didnt wanna do any body wok and pain till i fix the roof and replace all the window seals ....kinda gt a wild hair at my friends graphics shop ... he prints a few other designs in plaid for me for my rc stuff,  chassis protectors and stuff... so i said hey blow it up and change the colros around a little bit ... woola laziness personified and i like it .. thought about wrapping the drivers side to but i like the one kinda .. 

89D26838-B1BC-49D9-A031-2C14EF828786_zps

• Like 2
  • 6 months later...