'79 Datsun b210 station wagon

Sicarius

Nice find! I've really started to fall for most of the datsun wagons, but only ever seen a 210 wagon in person.

Just to throw my two cents in on the exhaust, if it looks new/re-done recently, there is a chance they didn't put in a new seal between the manifold and new pipe. I've had that happen on a lot of projects because exhaust shops around here would either cut off the flanges and weld the new pipe on directly or skip making a new seal and then blame it on the projects being an "old car." It seems that they use this to drum up more business in my area by half fixing the problem.

When you say it ends near the rear wheel, is it under the car or facing out to the side? If the car was stationary, it would fill the car with exhaust either way as the weather seals probably need replacing. However, if it's moving and the exhaust ends before the tire while facing out towards the side, this may be ok. Eventually I would replace the pipe or add additional pipe so that the exhaust ends in the stock location just to be safe.

Thanks, I've really fallen for them as well. The gas mileage is great and they are super fun to drive, I just wish I had more money to spend on it. I'd like to put some paint on it and redo the dash and upholstery but that is going to have to wait. It runs great for having the original engine with 175k miles on it, the car is older than I am.

When I'm driving it the exhuast isn't really an issue just when the car is stationary, which is the reason I've still not done anything about it. I appreciate the advice, I'll def check the seals first thing when I have time to mess with it.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic