'79 Datsun b210 station wagon

Sicarius

I recently purchased a 79 or 80 ? It says 79 on the door panel, Datsun b210 station wagon for $600. No rust and it runs great. The interior isn't great but the car is older than I am... I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if I got a good deal and maybe give me a little more info on the car, I'm pretty illiterate when it comes to automotive things.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz7q9nyO9LkXZTRjcWpfNXd5akVhWGxJTmZmczVPYVJaYnpR/view?usp=sharing- Door Tag

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz7q9nyO9LkXWm4ySm9GSG83WXY2dVU5bDA0WEI3UnN1bGNn/view?usp=sharing- engine

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz7q9nyO9LkXckpuVUpYQlZ5cHZpZ1lHU3VQbjRpRHhlaGw0/view?usp=sharing- Car

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry feel free to delete, wasn't sure if my original post went through

Yeah just let that post die out and consentrate here.

Six hundred for a moving Datsun is good in my books. Looks like it might be a standard too.

It isn't a B-210 though. If you look at your door tag at the bottom, you'll see that it's a WHL B310 but they are called the 210. The first 210 was made in Feb of '78 or close to the 78 1/2 model year.

They have the same very tough A series engines in them and are light, agile and give great mileage.

Welcome to Ratsun!

Thanks, Yeah off of 13th in Clarkston is where I am. Both mirrors are in terrible condition. One cracked and the other the glass is completely gone. I lucked out though because my brother in law has a parts car and is going to give me his mirrors. Then I have a cracked taillight but I've seen repops online for like $18...

As I was warming my car up today I noticed that there is an exhaust leak, as my car had slowly filled with exhaust. I looked and the whole exhaust / muffler looks brand new basically. I'm assuming it's probably just a bad gasket or seal ? possibly even just needs tightened ?

Thanks for the 2nd opinion. I'm going to take a look at it tomorrow after work, I'm thinking it has to be something like that. Before I got down there and looked I was thinking I'd have to pay $100 for a new exhaust pipe or something but hopefully it's just a minor tweak needed.

I'm thinking of just going for a DIY solution to make it look a little better but without spending much, as I don't have much to spend at the moment.

Sadly, it's not so much a matter of cost. The parts just aren't out there.  :blush:

Best bet is to have someone in the PNW search junkyards for you. Just bought a '79 from near Portland and the dash is in quite good shape. Just a couple of minor cracks here and there. 

• Like 1

As I was warming my car up today I noticed that there is an exhaust leak, as my car had slowly filled with exhaust. I looked and the whole exhaust / muffler looks brand new basically. I'm assuming it's probably just a bad gasket or seal ? possibly even just needs tightened ?

Is it loud?

Is the system complete with a tail pipe right to the back of the car or does it dump by the rear axle?

Could simply be a bad rear hatch seal or holes in the floor.

Is it loud?

Is the system complete with a tail pipe right to the back of the car or does it dump by the rear axle?

Could simply be a bad rear hatch seal or holes in the floor.

It isn't loud and the exhaust looks like it's relatively new. The tail pipe does end near the rear wheel instead of terminating at the end of the vehicle. It looks like it was probably done by the previous owner.

Nice find! I've really started to fall for most of the datsun wagons, but only ever seen a 210 wagon in person.

Just to throw my two cents in on the exhaust, if it looks new/re-done recently, there is a chance they didn't put in a new seal between the manifold and new pipe. I've had that happen on a lot of projects because exhaust shops around here would either cut off the flanges and weld the new pipe on directly or skip making a new seal and then blame it on the projects being an "old car." It seems that they use this to drum up more business in my area by half fixing the problem.

When you say it ends near the rear wheel, is it under the car or facing out to the side? If the car was stationary, it would fill the car with exhaust either way as the weather seals probably need replacing. However, if it's moving and the exhaust ends before the tire while facing out towards the side, this may be ok. Eventually I would replace the pipe or add additional pipe so that the exhaust ends in the stock location just to be safe.