Wagon Leaf Springs vs. Sedan Leaf Springs

jfbrink

Hi, all,

My subject heading is misleading, because I realized some things while typing my original post. Here is my real question:

Can anyone characterize the difference in ride between the 4-leaf spring pack (which my sedan has) and the 5-leaf spring pack?

My sedan rides really smoothly, and my wagon kinda pogos down the road. The wagon has ancient shocks, but I'm wondering if it's the springs?

Best,

Jesse.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sears has gas loaded shocks for the 411.  They look like Monroes with a different paint job.  The main difference is that Sears has a lifetime replacement warantee if they do the installation.  Just keep the original bill of sale that shows they installed them.  I did and the manager shit his pants.  No one keeps an original bill of sale for 35 years.  I did!

I've got 

Monroe Sensa-Trac - Shock Part # 58273 for the Front &  Monroe Sensa-Trac - Shock
Part Number: 58568   For the Rear .
I Picked them because of the Heavier Motor & Tranny
I road Great for like a month after I installed them, But after that month it went back to "rock-a-by Dummy"
I've used warranty 4 times in 2 years & it's getting old ..
  • 2 weeks later...

So, I finally got around to replacing the shocks in my wagon, and that improved the ride significantly. I used new KYB 343127 gas shocks in the front and NOS KYB K3087 in the rear. I didn't mean to mix gas and non-gas shocks, I just didn't realize that the rears were NOS non-gas until they arrived. Probably not ideal, but still way better than what I had before.

Jesse.