just picked up a 1969 521

Slappy707

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So had some time to work on her today and decide which route to go with the fuel system. Fortunately my 2 day old fuel pump had already starting leaking so I ditched it went back to the Manuel like you guys suggested. And she ran great all the way through 4th. So even the issue the previous owner was having is gone now =)

Brakes deffentialy need some living tho so that'll be on the list tomorrow as well as registering it so I can take her on the road.

I'm using the mechanical pump without a spacer any info on if that will cause any issues?

• Like 1

Believe I read it will wear the cam to not use the spacer, as it is constantly resting on it. Also found this "you also need the spacer/insulator so that the eccentric on the cam doesn't actuate the fuel pump lever more than is required. mounting the pump without a spacer/insulator could damage the pump diaphragm with the result of dumping fuel straight into the motor."

Certain model or year? WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about the year of the truck you drive as the input output locations are different.?

Simple

521s are same as 510.

620 the input/put location are different.

open box and see if no spacer dont buy it.

read everyhting on olddatsuns.com the tech section

The year of the truck isn't the same year as the motor. Don't know what year the motor is out of.