I'm back!

Justin Berni

This morning I got a text, it was a cl link, and it was to the very first Nissan/Datsun I owned, my old 86 720! I immediately texted the dude offering to trade for my hardbody, we met up and he liked it but already had a meeting set up for a mother guy to buy it, so he said he'd get back to me later. 5 hours later he texts me and said the deal didn't go through, so we traded!

I'll post pictures of it in the morning, but I'm glad to be back!

• Like 2
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Changing the timing is not the way. Set the timing at 5 degrees.

To set the idle, bring the engine to fully warm, then turn the idle speed screw until it runs as 700 rpm. If it won't run that slow then it has an air leak.

The engine will act like it needs more timing if one or the other side plugs are not firing. To run properly at 3-5 degrees both intake and exhaust plugs must be working.

• Like 2

I really hope I can make it.

What day is that? If I work I'll take the day off, I need to get to one of these..

May 2 , we have had 4 great meeting already , and this will be the 2nd one in the Portland area . I will be there , it is a Saturday so I am planning a fun run from eugene , we might be doing a old hwy 99 cruise . 

• Like 2

May 2 , we have had 4 great meeting already , and this will be the 2nd one in the Portland area . I will be there , it is a Saturday so I am planning a fun run from eugene , we might be doing a old hwy 99 cruise .

What time are the meets usually? I work at 5pm every Saturday.

I'll get it covered if i have to.

• Like 1