Motor swaps / exhaust

dastunboy61o

Here's a question has anyone rerouted there exhaust when u did a motor swap?. Normally the 620s hangs on the driver side being the gas tank is on the right side under the box. Which is the best motor swap to keep everything original then having to really Modifying the exhaust at all thanks. Trying to have some options to tune in on the direction I like my 620 to go

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've found that a Squirrel on Methamphetamine seems to perform pretty well.

Assuming you are swapping an L20b out of a 620 and want to keep the stock exhaust you are limited to an L series head so an LZ2.3 wil be the biggest bang for your buck.

I was wondering with theses others swaps people have been doing mostly with there Nissan motors from the 240s etc I was wondering if there was a motor out there with the intake and manifold on the same side of the motor. As of them moment I have a L18 I do have 2 L20 motors on hand an what kinda head where u talking about? Which truck does that come to?

I make my own out of mandrel pre-bent pipes, but there are a lot of shops that will make it for you.  I made one for a 240z with a small block.  It was a two into one three inch exhaust. You have to get creative on how to tuck it away and add the hangers.

Here's a question has anyone rerouted there exhaust when u did a motor swap?. Normally the 620s hangs on the driver side being the gas tank is on the right side under the box. Which is the best motor swap to keep everything original then having to really Modifying the exhaust at all thanks. Trying to have some options to tune in on the direction I like my 620 to go

The Z series, KA series, SR series and CA engines all have the exhaust on the left (driver's) side. So stop worrying about the exhaust on the gas tank side.

I was wondering with theses others swaps people have been doing mostly with there Nissan motors from the 240s etc I was wondering if there was a motor out there with the intake and manifold on the same side of the motor. As of them moment I have a L18 I do have 2 L20 motors on hand an what kinda head where u talking about? Which truck does that come to?

I assume by 240 motor you are referring to the 240sx??? and lot the 240z car?? The 240sx engines were the KA series engines. Exhaust on the left and intakes on the right side.

The L series, A series and the J series all have both manifolds on the left (driver's) side. 

It's been while I out of the loop what's in an out lately with what people have been doing with there trucks I thought having everything on the one side would make it easy for me far as a swap... I love the old motor L18 to bad they don't have the modern motors of today that crank out nice power... Over I'd love to have a nice sleeper 620 with the tuner aspec to it that's why I was asking over all

"to bad they don't have the modern motors of today that crank out nice power".  How much power you looking for out of a four?  Normally aspirated, the S2000 makes about 240hp.  If you want a turbo 4, in stock form the SR20det makes about 200+hp (depending on the year).  The nice thing about turbo motors is making more power is easy.  More boost equals more power.  There are SR20det's making over 400hp. 

A well built LZ hybrid can break 130, both horse and torque, sometimes more. Not terribly hard to build and keeps the the L head, so you keep your exhaust where it is and it will look totally stock if that matters to you. Try searching lz23 or lz21 if you're interested. I haven't ever built one but there are a number of them on this forum.