L20B distributor to KA24E engine

mac miller

I am fitting an L20B distributor to my KA24E engine.

After reading the threads about this subject here at Ratsun, I have gotten a L20B distributor and the L20B oil pump/distributor driveshaft.

I have been unable to find a distributor mounting base. Nothing on ebay and all of the junk yards have nothing older than 2005..........

Anyone here have any of these, know anyone who has any or knows where to find any of them???  

mac miller in INDY

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mac and welcome to Ratsun.

The distributor base or pedestal isn't available other than on an old distributor that someone may have laying about or in a wrecking yard. There are several different ones to position several different models of distributors used over the years. If mismatched, the base plate and timing adjustment slot may place the vacuum advance toward and hitting the thermostat housing or the matchbox module facing the hot exhaust manifold. This can be fixed by making a custom plate and resetting the drive spindle.

We don't allow buying or selling on the forums but do encourage it in our classifieds section. http://community.ratsun.net/classifieds/category/4-engine/?sort_key=date_added&sort_order=desc

you have the right parts.

if youve dropped the oil pump and put the l20 drive in it, then you just need to drill and tap 1 or 2 hole on the timing cover when the pedestal fits on. 

when i did my single cam, i could only line up 1 bolt, so i ran one. 

after that, its just getting it where the timing will work for ya.