Front control arm bushing question - Where are 30mm OD bushings?

guyster

I just cracked open my Prothane box and the bushing doesn't fit. It's noted on Z-Parts site that it won't fit '68 or '69, but I have a '71. Still ... now I need to either change control arms (which I don't want to do) or find the right bushing. Any guidance?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you pulled the sleeve from inside the control arm?

I have not. Are you going to tell me that the bushing will fit if I pull the sleeve? (I really don't want to pull that sleeve as everything I read says it's a time-consuming pain in the ass).

I also noticed that RockAuto has sleeved LCA bushings that are OEM looking (outer sleeve, rubber, inner sleeve). I guess if I'm going to pull the sleeve, I could just buy that replacement. 

Part of my problem is laziness in that I have blasted, painted and clear coated the arms and don't want to redo that work. I will redo the work if I need to, but I am very curious if removing a few mm's from the bushing (by lathe) is a viable option. Sounds like it is, but I wonder if doing so will have a negative affect on the bushing or suspension.