J15 Timing Chain

Hi All,

I'm new to the Ratsun website.

Can anybody help me regarding installing my timing chain and sprockets on my J15 engine?

The cam sprocket has two marks on it, one J with one dot and a H with two dots. Which mark should he aligned with the dot on the crank sprocket when installing with #1 cylinder at TDC?

Pics and advice would be appreciated a lot!!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

J15 and h20 where used here in forklifts. TCM comes to mind. Maybe find forklift service manual?

Just a guess, j for j series/h for h series

Thanks for that, unfortunately due to lack of info out there I had to use that 'common sense' and the limited info... I ended up setting it to the J Dot. I haven't yet fired it, will be doing so this weekend... so we will see how it goes!

BTW, off this topic (don't know if this will be approved going off topic within a topic, but i'm new) how do you post pics on topics?

Can anybody help me regarding installing my timing chain and sprockets on my J15 engine?

The cam sprocket has two marks on it, one J with one dot and a H with two dots. Which mark should he aligned with the dot on the crank sprocket when installing with #1 cylinder at TDC?

Well I'll try....

The timing chain has two special links with 7 links between them.

The crankshaft sprocket and the cam sprocket both have a mark on them that must match the two special links on the chain.

With the crankshaft sprocket on the left and the larger cam sprocket on the right, position the chain with the special links towards the bottom and match them to the marks on the sprockets.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks for that, unfortunately due to lack of info out there I had to use that 'common sense' and the limited info... I ended up setting it to the J Dot. I haven't yet fired it, will be doing so this weekend... so we will see how it goes!

BTW, off this topic (don't know if this will be approved going off topic within a topic, but i'm new) how do you post pics on topics?

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/54932-photobucket-ratsun/

• 2 weeks later...

All sorted, I must have put it together correctly as the engine is running great!!

I matched the 'dot' where the J is on the cam sprocket to the dot on the crank sprocket.

J15 and h20 where used here in forklifts. TCM comes to mind. Maybe find forklift service manual?

Just a guess, j for j series/h for h series

This logic must be about right!!

Thanks for the help!!