KA24DE Can/Am Box Wiring Help

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dude ...... really? This is heavily (extremely, heavily, mega) documented topic.

To put this in a nutshell, your Datsun 'literally' doesn't know the engine is in it. The engine 'literally' doesn't know that it's in a car. 

Two totally seperate animals that just so happen to live in the same habitat. 

The only thing that goes from your car to the can/am is the B/W wire from distributor and your ST signal wire, power and ground. Simple. You splice nothing from the main harness.

C'mon now. You can do this.

• Like 2

actually when I got the car it was completely gutted and the harness was already out the car but what you told me right now will help because now I have a better idea my only question was on the ka harness , are the wires I'll be putting in the can am box going to come out of the control unit from the KA harness right ? Because the main ecu plug is just plugs into the ecu box right ?

• Like 1

Think of the CAN AM box as the coupling that links your old 510 harness to the new KA computer & harness.

.... are the wires I'll be putting in the can am box going to come out of the control unit from the KA harness right ? 

some wires are from the KA harness & some wires are from your 510 harness that plug into the Can Am box.

...... Because the main ecu plug is just plugs into the ecu box right ?

yes the ECU plug, plugs into the ECU. Just because it plugs into the ECU doesn't mean all the wires are sending current/signals out of the ECU, some of those wires carry current/signals into the ECU as well.     

I've not done one of these swaps yet but Icehouse has made it 99% fool proof........ IMO. 

S13KA24DECANAM.jpg

• Like 2

I'm not trying to be a dick.......  

if you can't look at that pic & tell which wires are from the 510 harness & which wires are from the KA harness I STRONGLY suggest that you get a wire diagram for the (car) KA harness you have & the 510 harness and study them both.   

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...