CLUTCH PROBLEM...PLEASE HELP

Rocky671

Okay okay everybody my apologies to everybody for my spelling now back to my "CLUTCH" issues...Yes my mechanic didnt do it it right but, that's my fault for putting my money and trust into him.Yes I'm going out to buy myself more tools so I can do everything myself to see what was done wrong.So I'm guessing drop tranny take clutch out inspect it to see if it was backwards or not, Inspect fly wheel re-mount it, check fork t/o barring re-mount and see how it runs???

...........and don't forget the OICS!!!!!!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Post the mechanic's name here to make sure nobody else does business with him.

Problem fixed yet? Have you looked at the clutch fork? I have seen them crack where the fork pivots on the ball stud inside the bellhousing. They make a grinding noise when that happens. It could also be that the ball stud pivot is in need of lubrication. Also, if the wrong bearing is used it is possible that the fingers are scraping the release bearing creating the noise.

So for clarification, does it run and drive or is it totally out of commission?

Did you get your old parts back from said douchebag mechanic? Something to compare the new parts to for reference?

I feel for ya. If I had time, I'd jump in my truck and drive the 1000 miles up just to help out.

His name is Raymond nunez...and yes it does drive but I rather not take the chance of messing anything up even more.I will check everything u have mentioned.And no I did not get the old parts back.I have also found out not only did he not use the bearing that came with the kit he also didn't change the pilot bearing either...so this weekend I plan on taking tranny back out turn the fly wheel inspect and re-install clutch kit correctly and hope to be able to press the t/o bearing that came with the kit onto the collar that's in there.

...and hope to be able to press the t/o bearing that came with the kit onto the collar that's in there.

Use a vise, a hammer and a large socket. I fit the socket inside the bearing and tap out the sleeve with the bearing supported in the vise. Installation can be done in the vise (if you're careful) or by tapping it on with a hammer. Use a deadblow hammer if posible for installation.