CLUTCH PROBLEM...PLEASE HELP

Rocky671

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had somebody replace my clutch for me from just a regular 5 speed clutch to a competution stage 2 clutch.He replaced the clutch plate and pressure plate.Put it back together but when clutch was pressed in it mad a loud grinding sound and wouldn't go into gear.Then he dropped the tranny again and replaced the throwout bearing.Put it back together then when clutch was pushed in it mad a grinding sound but not as loud and was able to be put into gear.What can be the problem now???

Flywheel is the stock fly wheel.he just put in competition stage 2 clutch pressure plate and clutch disk, and just a regular throw out bearing...that is all that was changed.was that a mistake???

Yea mine kame with a larger throw out bearing but I kouldnt use it

Bekause the manual book said that bearing need to be pulled off and pressed on so I took it to the machine shop and they broke it even the piece the bearing goes on.so I went and got 1 from orielys.

well that would have been good to know up front

I said that in a kouple of my posts

Where does it say you replaced a broken release bearing collar????

Obviously your mechanic got the wrong replacement collar. It's likely too long and forcing the diaphragm fingers too far and chewed them up or the bearing. You want the release collar that is compatible with this clutch or what was on your truck. Take it out and compare the collar with the broken one.  

This is a release bearing...

NISSAN-CLUTCH-RELEASE-BEARING-40TRK-1.jp

This is the release bearing collar that holds the release bearing...

60127_Nissan_30501-K0404_FS01-02.jpg

They come in different lengths. Too short the clutch will not release, too long and the clutch will over stroke and may damage the diaphragm fingers and/or the bearing.

The Z24 uses a 240mm clutch so one of the shortest collars. The Nissan part number for the Z24 collar is 30501-K0401 about $20. Confirm this with Nissan.

I don't know what the mechanic I had work on my stuff did...but it makes this whirring sound letting off the klutch feels like my damn motor or tranny is bouncing....iduno I'm lost and sucks because I got kids and that's my transportation to work and around

Do you have the tools to do this yourself? Won't take much to remove the trans. 

Get your money back and buy the tools you will need. 

Remove torsion bars. Remove trans. Done. 

You'll see what's wrong or right. Should take less than a couple hours one way. 

EDIT:

Hell. You may not even need to remove the torsion bars. Just push trans as far back as you can to access clutch. 

• Like 1

Flatcat is right, if you don't do it yourself, you never learn anything. Why did you feel the need for a stage 2 ''klutch'' for one of the weakest engines out there? Your money would be better spent elsewhere. BTW, the replacing the c with a k thing has an andres1313 feel to it...

Flatcat is right, if you don't do it yourself, you never learn anything. Why did you feel the need for a stage 2 ''klutch'' for one of the weakest engines out there? Your money would be better spent elsewhere. BTW, the replacing the c with a k thing has an andres1313 feel to it...

Don't troll. This guy needs some help. 

My concern: His "mechanic" knows nothing-which is why it isn't fixed yet.

Rocky needs some Ratsun peeps to help out. Given his location, there is plenty of knowledge near him. 

• Like 3

Okay okay everybody my apologies to everybody for my spelling now back to my "CLUTCH" issues...Yes my mechanic didnt do it it right but, that's my fault for putting my money and trust into him.Yes I'm going out to buy myself more tools so I can do everything myself to see what was done wrong.So I'm guessing drop tranny take clutch out inspect it to see if it was backwards or not, Inspect fly wheel re-mount it, check fork t/o barring re-mount and see how it runs???

• Like 1

Don't troll. This guy needs some help. 

My concern: His "mechanic" knows nothing-which is why it isn't fixed yet.

Rocky needs some Ratsun peeps to help out. Given his location, there is plenty of knowledge near him.

I might have came off trollish, but I was trying to offer solid advice. Dyi is the way to go, you learn and you know what level of care went into it. I did my trans swap and clutch myself, never having done shit like that before, I learned how to do it right. When I had to pull the flywheel before that fun run a couple weeks ago, I was able to all back on that knowledge and expand on it. I legitly think he should have gone with a stock replacement, he would have had money to do other maintenance or upgrades with. To the op, as far as mechanics go, ask questions first and make sure you get good answers. You'll thank yourself later when you can always fix your ride yourself.

The stock clutch disc can't go on backwards, I tried it. One side sticks out more than the other and will hit the flywheel and not allow the pressure plate to sit against it to bolt up. Try it sometime. An after market clutch disc? who knows? Probably the same.