SWDP saves the Lepricaun (sort of)

Steroid

This Ford courior was owned by a guy named Joe from the San Bernardino,CA. area. It survived all of this time intact and was actually driven by a second owner up until about 5 years ago, where it begin to just sit and get moved a few times. I tried MANY times to purchase it but the owner was unwilling to sell. Two months ago it disappeared again. After about 3 weeks I walked up to the door and again inquired about it. To My dismay it had been handed over to the local salvage yard ! ! After all of this trying ! ! !  

It was released last week in the yard, with NO WAY to purchase the complete truck. It was very dismaying that the owner just turned it over, not even taking one cent for it, but that was His perogitave.

Monday morning I was there when the gate opened and within 3 hours had purchased the fender flares, sunvisor, bumperettes, side mirrors, wheels and tires with all lugnuts and chromed fan shroud. 

Thursday Mark, Tony and I got the GT Spoiler camper shell and steering wheel. All that is left is a chromed valve cover, header and the complete crushed velvet interior and seat (which I might go back and get).

So there it is................. Another significant show truck from the past heads to the grave. We have done all that We can do.

I get real moody about such fine examples of mini truck history fading and needlessly heading to the crusher after surviving for so long. All that will be left of the Lepricaun will be some pictures.   :crying:

dat%20Cou.%20Lep%202_zpsqtxkznzw.jpg

dat%20Cou_zpskjacudeo.jpg

P1010153_zpstmzsecan.jpg

P1010143_zpsnlfqhnp4.jpg

P1010141_zpshnk9x38g.jpg

P1010159_zpszxlml6dw.jpg

P1010173_zpsnaf025hn.jpg

P1010156_zpsw6v2s3rj.jpg

THAT RABBIT'S FOOT DIDN'T WORK VERY WELL AFTER ALL ! ! ! !

• Like 2
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TY Charlie. As Mike said the PO could gave made some $$ but chose not too. The truck was / is complete & very straight with no rust. The only way to buy the whole truck is to disassembe it & buy each part ! Gene ...the shells dimensions are close to a 620's bed.

• Like 1

I wanted to add that I think the owner that turned it over kept the airbrushed glovebox door. The yard said it wasn't on the truck when they picked it up.

When I first met Him (top 2 pics) He told Me that He had Joe's club jacket and all of the dash plaques. Sadly, those are gone too. 

• Like 1

I have a "blocked plug in" (whatever that is). I can not watch videos on Youtube also. I was able to move the pictures to Photobucket but no able to copy and paste them here.

Mike I think that means your batteries are dead!  LOL

I tried emailing you a while back and received no reply.

• 10 months later...

installed the voyager / gt spoiler shell on grimace having issues with posting pix thru photobucket. i will have to do some mods to make sure it is secured on 521 bed side railing and with the boot around the cab back glass area and find or make a rear door since the og door was not there when i picked it up from steroid this past sunday

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Gene I will help you add links to your build threads in your signature.  I know you do not know what I am talking about do not worry Gene I will explain it all when I show you how to do it.  My English teacher would have failed that run on sentence!  LOL

Gene I will help you add links to your build threads in your signature.  I know you do not know what I am talking about do not worry Gene I will explain it all when I show you how to do it.  My English teacher would have failed that run on sentence!  LOL

Hell... swdp needs to pay you for all the tech support youve been giving Gene LoL

Just bustin balls Gene i think the shell looks damm good on Grimace.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...