z22 arp headstuds

82turbo720

Hey guys well been driving my turbo z22 for awhile now on 20lbs of boost and the head gasket has finally given up coolant in the exhaust! I was reading somewhere that the 1.9L saturn arp head studs would fit the z24 i got then ones for a l20 and they were to long so i just used my original bolts  this is on a z22 block with z22 head was just curious if the z24 bolts and z22 bolts are the same this is an 1982 engine if that matters thanks for the help!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I went ahead and just bought new bolts for the sake of getting my truck going again id like to over torque them a bit anyone know what the best torque rating would be for this? Id like to go tight as possible! Thanks for all the responses. I got these engines pretty figured out (now) lots of cussing and looking for a bigger hammer so if she blows again it will be easy to throw studs in! Im definitely gonna run lower boost this time around gonna shoot for 14-16 lbs