nj0z1200ute - 1200 ute USA build

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, maybe so, it definitely looks like a DIY adapter.  I will get some c/s bolts and try that.  Initially I was going to just keep the stock manifold bolts but I will take up your advice.  

Keep in mind I am going to run the 32/36 to start with and eventually get my dual DHLA carbs rebuilt and a kit to install them.   So the Weber conversion is only temporary until I get enough dosh.   :thumbup:

Thanks.

Yea I think ggzilla is right.  Plus there is no way I can get those manifold studs off without cracking them.   That would be a nightmare.  Going to leave them on there.  I was just being a little paranoid with the fitment, but ggzilla if you had no troubles with it than that should be fine.   I forgot that I bought it from you, that was a long time ago.   I still have to fit those 1/4 window rubbers I got from you too!

I got my new studs today for the rest of the adapter (outer 4 holes) to bolt the Weber on so I am closer to installing it.  Maybe this weekend I will install the accelerator pedal, cable, and the Weber.

Then I will be even closer to test firing the A14, once I can afford a battery and battery wiring kit.

My dash pad was in decent condition but there was a few things annoying me.  There was alot of overspray/primer from the previous owner that I tried to get off with solvent but no luck.   Also there is a crack running through the middle which I was going to leave there.   But today I decided to repair the dash pad and fill in the crack.   I used a pliable epoxy type stuff that my Dad uses for plumbing repairs and filled it in with some putty sticks and sanded it smooth.   Few coats of matte black spray.   So far the first pass at the repair looks okay.  I am going to fill it in some more and repeat.

IMG_0136.jpgIMG_0137.jpgIMG_0143.jpgIMG_0144.jpgIMG_0145.jpgIMG_0146.jpgIMG_0147.jpgIMG_0148.jpgIMG_0151.jpgIMG_0152.jpgIMG_0153.jpgIMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0134.jpgIMG_0135.jpg

What made you paint the dash frame white? 

And the repair looks pretty decent.  :thumbup:

I sort of fixed my bad cracks the same way but ended up painting the pad with a "textured" paint to help hide my repair...   ^_^

Been talking to a buddy with connections in South Africa to see how much a new dash pad is. Do you want one if it's reasonably priced? Only downside is it'll probably be brown so you'll still have to paint it. 

What made you paint the dash frame white? 

And the repair looks pretty decent.  :thumbup:

I sort of fixed my bad cracks the same way but ended up painting the pad with a "textured" paint to help hide my repair...   ^_^

Been talking to a buddy with connections in South Africa to see how much a new dash pad is. Do you want one if it's reasonably priced? Only downside is it'll probably be brown so you'll still have to paint it. 

The frame was already painted, I don't really know why to be honest.

Thanks for the thumbs up!

I think I am going to stick with this dash for now.   I also have a spare RHD dash pad and dash fascia for anyone interested, but it needs heavy repairs.   Thanks for the offer though. 

Can a cap be made for just that portion? 

There is no doubt. But, it won't be the stock piece.  ^_^

I'd like it to look a bit more factory. And without an uncut fascia, you just can't. 

I actually had the 1200 radio delete panel on mine for a time, and it covers the hole okay, but I just didn't like the way it looked...