My 521 in England!

Marshallxharris

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This it it now. No major changes. 8j smoothies all round, in burgandy (same as interior). lowering in the next few weeks. 3" blocks to start and see where we end up. loving this truck. completely new to the jap/datsun scene, previously owned vws and classic minis.

image_zpsmab1iwqt.jpg

image_zpsfoepwcgg.jpg

image_zpsckw1tr3a.jpg

The truck is a 71 521 1600. imported in 2013 by datman from Nevada. had lots of work to get it up together. It's a very clean little truck! any feedback or info would be great!!

• Like 3

Under the bonnet is fairly tidy I believe. the bench seat/door cars are newly upholstered. Needs carpeting and other interior bits fitting and re trimming. Dash has dried and cracked but has a dash carpet which will be reupholstered. other than that fairly tidy!

image_zpsp2lxvwyb.jpg

image_zpsgz8is4tl.jpg

image_zpsoa7igjvy.jpg

Spot the Kim Jong Un air freshener

• Like 3

how does the ministry of roads or whatever it's called feel aboot no mirrors?

the one thing I would suggest is am EI dizzy. And perhaps a weber 32/36 if you aren't happy with the stock Hitachi.

so Datman Will didn't import the truck?

a lot of people just leave teh floor painted metal, it prevents water hiding under the carpet and rusting out your floorboards.

any electrical problems you may encounter are usually located at the fuseblock, just label everything (take pictures for memory) and soak it for a while in vinegar, then scrub it and re-install.

• Like 1

1 thing I could do with help on though...

Would you know the best (or any for that matter) place I can get a new heater blower? or what other cars that I can source in the Uk have the same/similar? or will it need rewinding? the matrix gets hot just the blower doesn't blow.

Thanks!

• Like 2

1 thing I could do with help on though...

Would you know the best (or any for that matter) place I can get a new heater blower? or what other cars that I can source in the Uk have the same/similar? or will it need rewinding? the matrix gets hot just the blower doesn't blow.

Thanks!

have you pulled the whole unit? a lot of times the squirrel cage fan gets clogged with leaves and shit. This very well could be a fuse block fix or a bad switch. when you pull the fan switch the first click is high and the second is low. Maybe try pulling it in and out 50 times to wear off any oxides.

• Like 1

how are your kingpins? jack up the front end and grasp the front wheel at 12:00 and 6:00 and push/pull the wheel. if there's any wobble your kingpins are worn. the more wobble the more the wear. It's not anything major but it should be fixed eventually. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

on the weekend I put my first coat of ankor wax on the truck. Its mainly used on agricultural vehicles but it's good for keeping the weather out. especially in England where rust on classic cars is a real struggle! the Nevada desert was good to her, now so should England. first coat is on, it rained yesterday (of course it did) And has highlighted a few spots in missed so will be doing another coat this week!

image_zpsrcmshjjn.jpg

even got a reflection out of the 44 year old original paint. not bad for a desert liver.

image_zps1gat6gdx.jpg

• Like 3

Cool truck, cool bike!

Are you keeping it with an L series or planning an engine swap?

I didn't have any mirrors on my Hillman Imp, on reflection is was pretty dangerous at times, especially when in a bucket seat harnessed in. The P510 has fender mounted mirrors, I can't see anything out of them.

• Like 2