ECU nightmare

Mike808

Hi all, Ive been a lurker here for a while but recently picked up my first Datsun.  Its a '71 510 wagon and I love it!

Problem is, the car has a ka24e engine but the PO attached a 200sx ('81 I believe) ECU to the engine.  The engine runs fine but it seems to be running rich.  The PO said that he did this with plans to turbocharge in the future but Ive never heard of using another cars ECU for this.  Anyways, I want to put the correct (240sx) ECU back on the car but I cant seem to find the wiring diagram for the 200sx ECU to splice on the correct ECU connector.

Does anybody have a recommendation on where to go from here?  The connectors are not the same and I am hesitant to start cutting wires without a diagram.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

• Like 1
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks all for the replys.  The part # off the ECU thats in the car is A11-610 572.  Google tells me its for a Z20e engine.  I have the original ECU for the KA as well as the entire wiring harness for that car.  

Would it just be easier to rip out the wiring harness in the car and install the 240SX harness?  Can this even be done?

Yes an '80 California spec 5 speed.

Better post a picture of your engine and the plug with the current ECU on it.

This makes less than zero sense for doing. The '81 ECU won't work with the KA's sensors. In no way would the old technology Bosch batch fire fuel injection work with a turbo. Regardless.....

Put the KA ECU, wiring and sensors in. But post those pictures first. Wouldn't be the first time someone thought they had one engine and they had something else. 

• Like 1

OMG!!!!!

Throw that bastard in the garbage.  Get EVERYTHING off a S13 with a single cam, make sure you find a number 11 ECU don't forget the MAF.  Wire it in and be happy.  Who would do all that work to have a crappy ecu.....  Doesn't make any sense.  Dumping mega fuel in all the time isn't the answer for a turbo setup either.  wow, just wow.  

• Like 2

HAHA!  Thanks all for the help and answers.  Luckily I have the ECU and harness that came from the engine in the first place.  

Ive never done anything like messing with an engine harness but I guess now is as good a time as any to learn.  Would you guys recommend one of the can/am boxes to wire it to the car?  I honestly havent even checked to see if there is much of a wire harness outside of the engine harness.  Cant imagine this car has very much else in the way of electrics.