Small Factory's Datsun 620 Truck (for trucking)

Small Factory

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Looks So Sweet. Nice job on the patch for the speaker. Can't even tell it was replaced.

And the shift boot is awesome. Looks better then stock. I want one for my truck too.

Nice work Tim.

David: Thanks man! Hated that radio, as the delete plate is much nicer looking.

About the shift boot... I removed both sleeves from the jacket (one sleeve was enough for one boot), and used one and attempted to sew one myself. Well, I realized my sewing skills were not up to par, so my wife jumped on the machine and did this one with the remaining sleeve.

I just looked to see if I could make you one, but the jacket body has too many seams in it to make another. Also, I just found out my wife threw away the original boot parts, so I have no template! Wish I could have made one for you to repay you for the tool bag.

It wouldn't cost very much at all to go get yourself a cheap leather coat from the thrift store (thinner the better, thick leather requires a big sewing machine) and bring it to a tailor. Would take them about 10-20 minutes. My suggestion: Just don't take apart the boot first, so the tailor can understand how it goes back together. I disassembled mine and took many pictures, but my wife never saw it beforehand and couldn't figure out how to reassemble it.

Brought the little 620 to a large gathering last Friday. I got lots of pics of all the different cars/trucks, but only a few of my 620. People were generally blown away to simply see a Datsun here in the northeast. Most assumed it had been repainted/restored, and refused to believe it was sitting in original paint with 31,000 miles. Pretty fun evening. Crazy smoke-show on the street afterwards for a good 2 hours. The 620 did not take part...

19630166372_2d31cdcd78_b.jpg

19637225865_6f5e978fa4_b.jpg

19449226490_b764da1f7d_b.jpg

Surprisingly, a small-block chevy Z showed up, and the owner was extremely nice. His car was really something...

19711996170_696ab3e03c_b.jpg

• Like 3

David: Thanks man! Hated that radio, as the delete plate is much nicer looking.

About the shift boot... I removed both sleeves from the jacket (one sleeve was enough for one boot), and used one and attempted to sew one myself. Well, I realized my sewing skills were not up to par, so my wife jumped on the machine and did this one with the remaining sleeve.

I just looked to see if I could make you one, but the jacket body has too many seams in it to make another. Also, I just found out my wife threw away the original boot parts, so I have no template! Wish I could have made one for you to repay you for the tool bag.

It wouldn't cost very much at all to go get yourself a cheap leather coat from the thrift store (thinner the better, thick leather requires a big sewing machine) and bring it to a tailor. Would take them about 10-20 minutes. My suggestion: Just don't take apart the boot first, so the tailor can understand how it goes back together. I disassembled mine and took many pictures, but my wife never saw it beforehand and couldn't figure out how to reassemble it.

No worries Tim. Keep up the good work on the truck.