Damn 510 won't align

DrRocks0

Had to get new tires and an alignment yesterday and found out that the back left tire won't align. I have the Futofab rear control arm adjusters and the left rear toe is maxed and I still am at 1.8 degrees. Everything else on the car lined up. So, what normally gets bent/goes bad that can cause the toe to be that far off?  

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mustache bar bushings were replaced with poly when I first got the car, they were wasted. The cross member bushings look, meh, ok. They don't really move when pried on when the car is in the air. I'm leaning towards a bent control arm. If the bushings were wasted both sides would be off, correct, not just one corner?  

IMG_20150324_094433383.jpg

How are the x member bushings? Does it have savage washers?

What? 

I would remove both right and left control arms, and compare. You can see if one is bent, they should be mirror images.

Nah if I pull the arm off its going to be to replace it, no need to pull stuff off to put it back on while I wait to find a part. This is my daily sadly. 

No savage washer mod. I would assume they probably dropped the rear cross member out to weld in the adjusters and get the differential bolts so the nuts are on top, is there a way to bolt the rear cross member in not straight? The driveline looks straight where it meets the diff, not angled like I would think it would be if the cross member was kicked sideways a degree or two.