510- no electrical power

Okay, 1 wrong connection wasn't the problem with my electrical just with my washer motor( I really didn't want to bother anyone longer so "my plugs were wrong"  :yawn: . So basically, my lights were getting good continuity and power to the sockets. I unraveled every single tape on my harness and all the Crymps were good and wires all fine. 

IT was the ground , not strong enough to my lights, there was only one ground point for the light harness wires I had on, near the V. regulator. The surface was all rusted and corroded, NO CONTINUITY! I was not getting good continuity to my chasis so I scratched it up and cleaned it and added a direct ground from the battery wire to the chasis. The problem with my horn was also fixed, a wire was contacting the turn signal mechanism. so I just taped it up, and wellAHH

And my lights worked. Yay. I didn't know what was the problem, after I knew the whole harness was in good shape. I never would've thought simple weak ground can cause a whole mess. I also Learned you need the odometer cable screwed in to ground the dash lights good and work properly. I'll post oics in a bit.

Fool's Lesson today! :confused:  :geek:  :geek:  

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also Learned you need the odometer cable screwed in to ground the dash lights good ?????????

I have it disconnected and my lights still work!!!!!!!!!!

Remember its a old car. 99% of time its corrossion. Not the wiring. Remember Japs made Good Battle ships and Aircrafts Carriers back in the day. Im sure they can handle 510 wiring.

That's what happened yesterday tho hahaa and then I turned them back on and didn't work again after. There must be something loose