reject after vacuum line removal

deathstar80

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I took all the unnecessary vaccuum lines off my stock Hitachi carb on my 1980 720. Every thing runs well but I was wondering if I need to reject the carb. I would like to get better gas mileage if possible.

None of them are 'unnecessary'. The 720 gives the best mileage if left alone. Did you know that there is a fuel shut off device when decelerating that shuts of the idle fuel that would normally be sucked out the exhaust and wasted??? That there is another sensor that adjusts the carb mixture to prevent an over rich idle when under hood temps get too hot? Time to do some research before ripping stuff off. 

At least keep the vacuum advance hose for the distributor.

vacuum advance is not necessary. All it does is give better fuel economy and more part-throttle power.

Which is what he's after in the first post. No one would run without vacuum advance by choice just so they can get poorer mileage.

I took all the unnecessary vaccuum lines off my stock Hitachi carb on my 1980 720. Every thing runs well but I was wondering if I need to reject the carb. I would like to get better gas mileage if possible.