djwarp

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

So i have a quick question i tried looking up the size of the exhaust manifold bolts and can’t seem to find it i have a L16 just replaced the gasket and the bolts that are in there are all jerry rigged I’m trying to put some legit ones so if any one know please help me out?

• Like 1

These are the three studs connecting the exhaust down pipe? Those are metric M8 X 1.25. Try to get stainless nuts for them and you won't have trouble getting them off later.

The same size are used to hold the manifolds to the head.

• Like 1

These are the three studs connecting the exhaust down pipe? Those are metric M8 X 1.25. Try to get stainless nuts for them and you won't have trouble getting them off later.

The same size are used to hold the manifolds to the head.

so i tried that size but i keep leaking coolant from the end of the block I’m not sure why i tighten them all up and nothing is there a certain length they have to be?

• Like 1

I think we are confused?????

if leaky antifreeze then you mean the lower intack exahust manifolf bolts . Not the Y pipe flange.

Sometimes you just have to try a new intake gasket.

youl put enought pressure on all the bolts so its even across and hope it dont leak.

The lower bolts are harder to get cause the manifold is kinda in the way but you can get them.

• Like 1

The lower studs also serve a dual purpose. They also hold the intake on as well. To do this a cone washer spreads the tightening force. The intake has two small coolant holes that mate to the head. Make sure the intake and head surfaces are CLEAN of any old gasket material that will keep the new gasket from sealing.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

orm0xg.jpg Any one knows where i can get this gasket been looking every where for it.

Only the '75-'77 L20B didn't have the water cooled intake manifold so any other year of L four cylinder gasket will do.

i found out why my shit was leaking any one know where i can get one?

3136k3c.jpg

Place an ad in the classifieds otherwise any 4 or 6 cylinder L series engine will have one that will work. There are differences though. '79 and up have three bolts holding the thermostat cover top on and Z car housings have multiple holes for thermal switches. They will all work if complete.

• Like 1

unless you tried to take this off for a reason it shouldn't have cracked.

However there were 2 types of lower housings. one with a mypass hole and one without.

the dealer still has these if motivated(most will say we cant get them but most Ratsuners will have a stack of them at home and hope if you get a used one the sender that's in it works. try to pull a sender out will not wor as most are corroded in there. So I buy a full set housing, hex nut and the sender when I do mine and have spares

• Like 1

unless you tried to take this off for a reason it shouldn't have cracked.

However there were 2 types of lower housings. one with a mypass hole and one without.

the dealer still has these if motivated(most will say we cant get them but most Ratsuners will have a stack of them at home and hope if you get a used one the sender that's in it works. try to pull a sender out will not wor as most are corroded in there. So I buy a full set housing, hex nut and the sender when I do mine and have spares

you don’t happened to know the part # ?

• Like 1

Don't pay a stupid amount for one of these. I needed one last year and put a wanted ad up and had folks trying to get 100 rocks plus shipping for a used housing. Of course waaaay more than new ones shipped on eBay. I finally got a real ratsun member to help me out. Good luck

• Like 1

Don't pay a stupid amount for one of these. I needed one last year and put a wanted ad up and had folks trying to get 100 rocks plus shipping for a used housing. Of course waaaay more than new ones shipped on eBay. I finally got a real ratsun member to help me out. Good luck

Thanks for the heads up

• Like 1

Yeah you didnt need to remove the housing. Thats why we here on Ratsun to help you out.

i had the part numbers but lost my little note book.

just go to the dealer and take a photo of it.

plus you never siad if it was one with a bypass U shaped hose of not. If you get a new one you should get a new 16mm hex not to hold the sender in and the sender. Now this is cause of a dumb mistake.

best find a local used one all put together

be honest 10$ should be good enough it a used one works

still cant figure out how this broke?

also put the right length bolt back in the same spot

• Like 1