New'ish member with a 1980 210 wagon

littleguy

So I've been on the forums for some time now, just hardly posting because I tend to read more then anything on here. My fiancé and I just recently added a 80 210 wagon deluxe to our collection or broke a** datsuns. It's in decent shape, it has a a15 with a ton of oil leaks and a automatic trans. The engine runs pretty rough but it's all in the carb "poor worn out thing, so out of tune". After a few mouths of debate, we've decided it would be in our best interest to swap to a better drivetrain, and to a manual trans. So I'm currently on the hunt for a 240sx ka24de engine and 5 speed transmission. Mainly for the reliability. Yes I know the a15 can be reliable and it probably has a lot of life left in it, but In the end would fall short of our expectations for the future of the car. Mainly she wants to daily drive it and be able to travel In it with out having to worry about little things like merging on the interstate... Seriously the poor a15 and auto transmission struggle to move up the driveway! So hello everyone! I just thought I'd make a little thread introducing mainly my car lol. Hopefully I will have some pictures of it up soon and some progress.

Oh and if anyone has some 210 seats "black" or a manual pedal box please let me know!!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pics soon I promise, I will finish setting up the photobucket account tomorrow! Lol as far as research goes, I've been ontop of it for a few weeks now, it hasn't been till just a few days ago did I get back on here and see all the action in the 210 fourms. I noticed a few members doing ka swaps so hopefuly I can find some good info in some old threads. I think my main issue with completing the car will be finding all the parts! I will get on those pictures tomorrow, she's nothing pretty yet though. ;)

A crossmember from a a10 or 200sx with a L engine? Also here's some pictures hopefully they work. image_zpsnjlehdgd.jpg

No. I said Z motor. Not a Z-car motor. A Z20 or Z22. I've been told the members are the same, the mounts to the engine are different though. Need those from a Z20/22 to fit the KA.

Yeah I've gathered a lot of info on getting the engine in the car, but it seems almost everyone says something different. So I'm kinda just waiting to get a ka to drop in and see how she sits. But the mounts on the stock crossmember mount towers seem way too high. So I figure they will need to be cut down.

I just thought about an option of taking a 240sx crossmember and cutting the center section out and welding in a new piece to go around the oilpan or a flat bar but it will still have the stock mounts on it so basically just like dropping in a 240sx..

And I also stumbled apon this.. Apparently a 510 crossmember will fit in a 210 so wouldn't this work? http://www.amazon.com/Solid-Aluminum-Cross-member-Datsun/dp/B00EJ378AE%3FSubscriptionId%3D19FZ002EVKGD47C50K82%26tag%3Ddatsun510parts.com-20%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165953%26creativeASIN%3DB00EJ378AE

A PL510(early 510) crossmember will not fit. But an A10(late 510) will. 

I don't see the KA fitting on the 210s crossmember. Not with the really tall R side tower. 

And that crossmember you posted from Amazon-that shit looks scary as hell. 

Ok thanks for clarifying that. I'll just have to get this ka to find out exactly where to cut, the biggest thing that scares me is cutting the towers off and trying to get that same height on one side to make the engine lean, it seems pretty critical.

Yeah it seemed pretty sketchy but could have been good or something good to build off of so just thought I'd ask