Interchangeable parts for A10 wagon?

I've done loads of searching in the forum but my ability to successfully use any search function is poor for unknown reasons so I apologize if this has been addressed already. I recently bought and 81 510 wagon for about $500 up until I paid all of the old lady's back fees :/ I'm about 1800 into it now and have been desperately searching for a windshield and a back passenger driver side door as it was hit by a car...then a rock. What I'm asking is what cars can I salvage for parts? I've heard the 210s work pretty well as parts cars but for the doors but apparently the wagon has a "different rake to it." Thanks guys! I appreciate your time.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can salvage these two parts only from the '80 and up A10 wagon. I don't know why someone would say the 210 is a good parts car for an A10, nothing on it fits.

The left rear door from a 4 door or a wagon are the same except for everything above the metal part. The molding, weatherstrip, sash, glass, partition glass. This is because the 4 door roof line is already curving downwards, whereas the wagon continues back before turning down. In theory you could put a 4 door rear LH on a goon if you cut and weld in the wagon sash and swap in the glass and other parts. Otherwise get a wagon door.

• Like 1

I don't know why someone would say the 210 is a good parts car for an A10, nothing on it fits.

They share the platform, so much of the suspension will swap.

But none of the body parts. The windshields may swap, but who knows? None of the other glass is close to the same.

Yeah, not a good parts car. The only good parts car is another A10.

• Like 1

They share the platform, so much of the suspension will swap.

Nope.

Just by looking at them the 210 front discs look smaller

The 210 has coils in rear so without alot of bracket fab,,  not good for that either.

I have both 210 and A10 wagon suspensions laying in the back yard

• Like 1

Yes, they are different. Especially the wagons.

Like we said, a 210 is not a good parts car for an A10. Only a few parts swap.

Yes, the two models share a platform and so much of the suspension swaps. Like the strut/brake assemblies. Or the LCAs. Ball joints.

B310 sedan --- A10 sedan

WB310 wagon -x- A10 wagon coil vs leaf

Datsun also made leaf-spring VB310 wagons for other countries. Think of Chevelle vs Tempest, different cars, engines, interiors, body panels, but both GM A-body platform.

• Like 1