datsun 510 tach wiring help.

I have a couple of questions. 

I recently bought a stock datsun 510 cluster with a tach and someone has rewired it. I figured out that from this post http://community.ratsun.net/topic/10842-510-stock-tach/, circuit board #1 is to coil(through a ballast resistor), #2 to +12v, and #5 goes to ground.DSC_0286-1.jpgI'm an amateur when it comes to wiring things in a car. What i want to know is where i would wire the +12v to the car and same with the ground.

The other question i have is when the dummy rewired the tach i'm guessing that he accidentally soldered it to a resistor, i think. Are the circled points suppose to be soldered together?

166d861.jpg

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, i got the tach all hooked up using these instructions http://www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4633. Now i have a problem where the tach twitches about 2mm when the ignition is in the on position and when i start the car, it does not move. But when i turn the car off the tach flips up to about 4 and down again. Is my tach broken. How can i fix this?

Thanks for that dude. So it seems I already have a 200sx circuit board in my tach and my tach is an early one that was meant for 4 wires. Now that it has a 200sx there doesn't need to be 4 wires right? If it doesn't then is there anyone who has a 200sx circuit board i can buy because mine is bad. 

• Like 1