Can't get my adjustments right

Won't help -- there is plenty of fuel in the carb bowl. The cutoff valve stops fuel from going through the idle circuit.

Dieseling is not caused by fuel, but if you can reduce air (via idle speed) or stop fuel (via fuel-cut valve) it will help.

Dieseling is caused by hotspots in the combustion chamber.

• Like 1
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's supposed to cut off the fuel like on a diesel engine, no power, no fuel, they put them on pressure washer engines so that when it is shut down it don't suck fuel out of the carb threw the jet and cause the engine to back fire because that fuel made it to the muffler and ignited.

It does the same thing on our Datsun engine, you turn the key off and the engine is still turning sucking fuel out of the carb even though is shut off, when that fuel gets into the cylinders it ignites because of hot spots I guess(I don't know for sure why it keeps running myself), it can run for a long time if you let it, but I have been told it is bad for it.

The fuel cut off goes into the port for the primary idle jet, remove non electric jet, install the electric one. Use a SWITCHED 12v source, steal power from the electric choke wire.

this is what I've been looking for! Thank you!!! So if I have this right now I just undo the jet screw and insert it there? And if so do I need one for both sides?