the mustard bun.......510 and a record player

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

welp .... got issues i need help with heres the general tech thread link ..

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/66041-gas-tank-issues-need-advised-fumes-and-gross-inards/

spent some tie puttin the interior back together ad breaking down two sets of zx struts for shortening ..... pulled my struts off the wagon for this car...... got some pics but got to high off fumes to remember to take lots of pics 

did hit 75 on the high way !!!! that was fun 

• 2 weeks later...

nothing much ... but a big help from  blue ridge speed in the western hills of nc for sending me a pedal assembly ... thank you !!!!

also scored a zx tranny from north Carolina and sounds like maybe a lz 2.3 from a local member that is switching his game up .... 

waiting on super dave at futofab to tell me those quarters are in so i can order up my tail light panel and rear quarter and get those swapped on and done before the vinyl top and headliner get installed ...

pulled my sending unit and it was frozen but in good shape so gonna try to clean it up and get it working again ... tanks sitting haven't done shit to deal with the rust sigh .... 

• Like 1

holy shit that measn i will have everything for the 5 speed swap again ... tentaive plan is just t ot rock it this way while i get the quarter and top situation planned and finished then winter swap trannys and motors 

lol ..... ummmmm no ... at least not in a timely manner even though i just said i wont put it in till winter prolly ... i had beads on afew .. this one was verified to know and work and not be wrong .. he sen me pics and shit and i paid more then i wanted but oh well ...plus ted footed 95 percent the bill 

• Like 1

talked to my upholestery guy and we have put off the tiop and headliner till i get the quarter and tail light panel from dave and installed ... and so i guess i should take the record player part off then since i falling behind 

my tranny showed up from north carolina and it was exactly what i expected !!!!!    so stoked have everythign to swap to a 5 sp now but gonna wait for a bit.. theres somethig thats ehteral abou a a/t 510 ..... lol and i wanna wait for the motor to be ready too .. i got lots to do before then ... 

found out in oregon i can send in my bill of sale and a form and get a oregon title in my name sent to me !!!!!   yeah no more waiting ... then i can transfer it to washington title... dude, well when he was responding was telling me just use trip permits till i get the title to you ... two months have passed ..im about patient but shit ... 

got a new set of zx struts built for the wagon so i got all my front stuff and all my rear stuff ... just waiting on the sheet metal to become available ... 

ahhh shit the gas tank ... suppose i better deal withthat ... pulled the sending unit out and it was all rusty i can move it now so im gonna soak it in something to clean the gunk and rust off of it ... still need the lower filler neck hose 

maybe  i will go snap some pics so this thread is worth looking at 

found out in oregon i can send in my bill of sale and a form and get a oregon title in my name sent to me !!!!!   yeah no more waiting ... then i can transfer it to washington title... dude, well when he was responding was telling me just use trip permits till i get the title to you ... two months have passed ..im about patient but shit ... 

Go to the guys house, drive him to the DOL and have him sign over the title there. No need for the title in hand and it will get handled with a quickness. 

Should have done that the first day he said he couldn't find it. 

• Like 1