tire pressure ??? 79' 280zx 14" tires

running 205-70-14" tires on my Z. I am looking for even tire wear and max mpg.......what are you guys running for tire pressures? running 35front, 38 rear now.......was my best guess to start. Not concerned with ride quality......I usually drive faster on curves versus straight stuff. From my experience.... the owners manuals' from cars this old give specs for bias ply type tires.......todays' radials are different.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Follow the recommendations on the door tag or owner's manual in the glove box. Too much pressure is safer than too little but will wear out the center of the tread and affect handling and grip on corners.

Follow the recommendations on the door tag or owner's manual in the glove box. Too much pressure is safer than too little but will wear out the center of the tread and affect handling and grip on corners.

No service manual, ownerz man, door tag. I figured(hoped)someone would tell me their preference. I can monitor the tread wear and adj accordingly. Spent years kart racing where 2psi meant the difference between mid pack and runnin' up front.