Lunatik B110

Lunatik

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

More parts arrived today... I hope to start the front end this weekend, now that I got all parts to start the conversion. Because the more I sit without finishing the project the more tempted I feel to install a small block GM engine; many guys from the racing and drifting scene has advised me to install a more powerful engine. I am contemplating something to have fun, not for competition... but it is very tempting.

Enjoy

20150602_174908.jpg

20150602_175110.jpg

You recognize the cars only seeing the front end... that one is a 1971 Colt survivor 27K original miles, and the RX2 is getting a new engine and tranny treatment... well new rebuilt. :)

I would post picture of the colt and rx2 but I feel it will be not right... not Datsuns :)

So do you have a Colt and an RX2?    ^_^

More parts arrived today... I hope to start the front end this weekend, now that I got all parts to start the conversion. Because the more I sit without finishing the project the more tempted I feel to install a small block GM engine; many guys from the racing and drifting scene has advised me to install a more powerful engine. I am contemplating something to have fun, not for competition... but it is very tempting.

Enjoy

Small block GM? Give up on the Fox 5.0?  My avatar is the car that you now own... 350-375 RWHP with stock cam, and without the hot turbo, and highly stressed high RPM engine.

I have been looking to get in contact again... need to throw some ideas at you. I am very tempted to put there something really big...but I still battling the idea. :) I might got my hands in a LQ9 engine, I just dont want to see it, because if it fit... it will come home with me. :) 

Enjoy

Small block GM? Give up on the Fox 5.0?  My avatar is the car that you now own... 350-375 RWHP with stock cam, and without the hot turbo, and highly stressed high RPM engine.

I have been looking to get in contact again... need to throw some ideas at you. I am very tempted to put there something really big...but I still battling the idea. :) I might got my hands in a LQ9 engine, I just dont want to see it, because if it fit... it will come home with me. :)

LQ9-LSX are pretty big dimension wise, closer in size to the BBC than the SBC. Weight wise, the LQ9 which has alloy heads is about 100lbs more than the SBF with alloy heads. The 5.0 is narrower, and sits lower than the LSX. Don't forget, if you ever want to change the cam in the LQ9, you have to pull the heads to get the lifters out, the cam comes out of the SBF with the heads on. The LSX is becoming the new belly-button engine and is stuffed in anything that rolls. Do what you want, my 2 cents.  B)

You recognize the cars only seeing the front end... 

It's a sickness...   :rofl:

I have an RX2 as well, and have always wanted an early Colt.   :thumbup:

I would post picture of the colt and rx2 but I feel it will be not right... not Datsuns :)

It'll be fine. I won't tell anyone.    ^_^

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Today got the rest of the metal to build the LCA... i know it is overkill but I feel that i should test this car with a strong support.

Im planning in installing the whole front end this weekend on the 1200 including the engine and transmission, to start the test fit. I regressed to my original idea of using the SR20 for now, I need to get some cars finished before I can buy another project. Been working lately on my KE20 doing an engine transplant similar to the 1200 and has come out great; I am pumped to start this project quickly. I am taking the 2x4 to reduce it to the size of the bushing then installing the balljoint... I hope I find enough patience for the whole cutting and shaping.

Sorry for the crappy pictures...

20150618_221739.jpg

20150618_221723.jpg

Today got the rest of the metal to build the LCA... i know it is overkill but I feel that i should test this car with a strong support.

Im planning in installing the whole front end this weekend on the 1200 including the engine and transmission, to start the test fit. I regressed to my original idea of using the SR20 for now, I need to get some cars finished before I can buy another project. Been working lately on my KE20 doing an engine transplant similar to the 1200 and has come out great; I am pumped to start this project quickly. I am taking the 2x4 to reduce it to the size of the bushing then installing the balljoint... I hope I find enough patience for the whole cutting and shaping.

Sorry for the crappy pictures...

20150618_221739.jpg

20150618_221723.jpg

Since you are going to swap the SR into the 1200 after all, will you being using any engine setback? My original intention for the car was to use a 2JZ, thus the room for firewall setback. My youngest son wants to know if you are still interested in his KP61 Starlet? It is located in Vegas. B)

I was measuring today start the mocking tomorrow, I just need to move the engine two inches forward from the stock location; the LCA will be on the stock location and I wont be using the set back (I hope). But everything might change once I get the radiator mocked up and the rest of the stuff later this month, then building the tunnel and the firewall... 

Hell yeah!! Ill PM you my number.

Regards,