Newb with a slow 1981 210 resto/build

Hey everyone, ive been lurking for a while just soaking info and ideas for my 1981 210. It's the A15 with manual trans. It's been sitting for almost 10 years now because for some unknown reason it would not go faster than 45mph. It was almost like the car was hitting a speed governor so I parked it and haven't got around to figuring out the problem. My dad bought it brand new in 1980 and it was my first car. Now I plan to do a mild restomod (lower it, gasket match the cylinder heads and manifolds as much as possible, wheels & tires, and eventually redo the interior some). Anyway enough rambling on, this build will be slow at first because im getting married in a month. hopefully it'll be a good driver sooner than later. I planned on having pics but photobucket isn't playing nice. ill have some up asap 

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to Ratsun Mr..... er ... bhatton87.

Hopefully you didn't blow a head gasket, (that's an easy fix,) but leaving coolant in the cylinders for 10 years can't be good. Try and get it going first and try to figure out if there is anything wrong first. No sense taking it apart if nothing is wrong.

Post some pictures of your Bee