Mr Big Tanker's watermelon wagon.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So you thinking of a hydraulic throwout bearing? Would require dropping the trans to install. Probably not necessary for your application. It seems like more of a racing application because there's less moving parts. Just moves the bearing forward and back with nothing in between.

Bore is probably larger on the the nismo. Shorter stroke, but easier to push with a heavy pressure plate

This is exactly all it is, a larger bore slave cylinder.

I ran one on my OS giken triple plate clutch behind my RB26, you do need to focus some more effort though on getting pedal height and freeplay setup correctly as you do lose some throw, I had this setup in an R34 Skyline and the pedal effort was fine, I went back to a normal slave though as trying to control the release point on that clutch was much easier with a slave that had greater throw, did consider using a GTR clutch booster at one stage to assist in reducing pedal effort.

Simple solution would be to carry a spare $8 slave under the spare tyre, and if and when it fails, spend 3minutes changing it over, but when will you ever be driving this though?

• Like 1

This is exactly all it is, a larger bore slave cylinder.

I ran one on my OS giken triple plate clutch behind my RB26, you do need to focus some more effort though on getting pedal height and freeplay setup correctly as you do lose some throw, I had this setup in an R34 Skyline and the pedal effort was fine, I went back to a normal slave though as trying to control the release point on that clutch was much easier with a slave that had greater throw, did consider using a GTR clutch booster at one stage to assist in reducing pedal effort.

Simple solution would be to carry a spare $8 slave under the spare tyre, and if and when it fails, spend 3minutes changing it over, but when will you ever be driving this though?

I don't know when i will be driving it.lol