• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2023 at 8:28 AM, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

I gotta say, Ray, that strut thingy is cool, but it's just going to tear up the sheetmetal it's bolted to. Is there at least a backing plate on the other side of the panel?

How many trophies do you have by now?

It holds up pretty well. No I do not but it is built up a little there at horn mounts. The horns sound good. A little like a Porsche.

And the strut just makes me look fast.lol

• Like 2

I was going to ask, but since someone brought it up, what is that strut for, anyway?  From your photo, it looks like it's attached to the horn mount..

I will also admit, it looks pretty cool. 

I ended up using Sunbeam Tiger horns in my old wagon.  They were laying around the shop, and bolted right on the original mounting spot.  They were friggin' loud.  (Which I liked  a lot) 

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, Duncan said:

I was going to ask, but since someone brought it up, what is that strut for, anyway?  From your photo, it looks like it's attached to the horn mount..

I will also admit, it looks pretty cool. 

I ended up using Sunbeam Tiger horns in my old wagon.  They were laying around the shop, and bolted right on the original mounting spot.  They were friggin' loud.  (Which I liked  a lot) 

Engine torque damper.  Keeps the engine from vibrating too much when on the trailer 😛

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
On 6/18/2023 at 3:51 PM, thisismatt said:

Engine torque damper.  Keeps the engine from vibrating too much when on the trailer 😛

On 6/18/2023 at 7:21 PM, datzenmike said:

ha.... wa-ha ha..... Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ... koff... koff... hork... spit. Yer killin' me here.

Yeah, the trailer topic again. Has not been on one in years but ok. Again time for some new material.

• Like 2

I find it ironic that people give you shit about trailering when in reality you don't. Maybe they're a bit jealous that you have a ride nice enough to be a trailer queen but isn't.

Personally, I trailer everything that needs to go more than a 50 mile radius from home.

The green car; too slow and not sure I trust it.

The grey car; kinda slow and really don't trust it. I could leave it on the side of the road and just walk away from it I suppose.

The 411; maybe I could trust it but it has the original seats...nuff said.

The wagon; Hell, it don't even run yet.

IBTL

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...