Mr Big Tanker's watermelon wagon.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am liking your red interior more and more - normally I'm not a fan of red - in your wagon - wow.

Curious, what is the transmission tunnel shifter cover you have? Looks like a stock cover from some Datsun, I will need something for mine soon. Thanks.

IMG_0168-1.jpg.8bab3f8d6953bf703a405301401ffd35.jpg

• Like 2
3 hours ago, rosso said:

I am liking your red interior more and more - normally I'm not a fan of red - in your wagon - wow.

Curious, what is the transmission tunnel shifter cover you have? Looks like a stock cover from some Datsun, I will need something for mine soon. Thanks.

IMG_0168-1.jpg.8bab3f8d6953bf703a405301401ffd35.jpg

I got a 620 cover as it’s longer and shaped to conform the tunnel and all good in the hood.and the stock rubber boot fits perfect. Almost like I know what I am doing. 

wait till it’s done the interior will be cool.

• Like 2

Thanks, I jumped on fleabay and found one - so I snatched it. My shifter may be a bit farther back than yours but the cover plate is the biggest and closest fit I have seen - so I may need to mod it a bit. Looking forward to having the trans tunnel sealed up.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2021 at 9:24 AM, mrbigtanker said:

I believe its a 1/2 NPT plug. I have not looked at it in so long. 

I take it you taped a thread in the part that feeds the heater coil to fit the plug, cool. Did you put a plug in the head where the connector is for the return to the head.

The passenger side of the hood needs a bit of love.  I'd check to see if the rubber cushion is possibly in wrong or interfering in some way.. It's sticking up quite a bit.

If not, I can help you go completely medieval on it.  We can show that bitch who's boss!

Looks great, regardless...

Edited by Duncan
  • Haha 1
On 7/13/2021 at 7:03 PM, mrbigtanker said:

I got a 620 cover as it’s longer and shaped to conform the tunnel and all good in the hood.and the stock rubber boot fits perfect. Almost like I know what I am doing. 

wait till it’s done the interior will be cool.

rosso, FYI the 521 vs 620 vs 720 trans cover plates each have the shifter hole in a different location.  I think I have all three if pics & measurements would help!  PM if wanted!

TJ 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, mrbigtanker said:

No its for a Z so they come threaded already. I think from the 260 or 260 Z.

........240Z is not a threaded water neck, we have a late 1977 280Z with the threaded water neck & I think the 280ZX is same..........??