Mr Big Tanker's watermelon wagon.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not yet. It's actually easier to do the mod I did to Mr Big's cover than try to make an old style cap.

Easy's no fun. :lol:

FWIW, you can buy new OEM-style caps for about $4-5. 

I know, but those aren't 'cool' man  :cool:

IMG_8226_zps69152f51.jpg

So now I have another problem, I was humming along getting my little 1800 ready to put in my wagon and Datrod AKA the big bad wolf tells me about this guy selling a Robello built 1800 super wammer jammer engine all complete pushing out 179 HP on the Dyno. Now i am all screwed up because i want to stay Datsun but now i can also go fast to. What do I do oh what do I do. :devil:

• Like 1

So now I have another problem, I was humming along getting my little 1800 ready to put in my wagon and Datrod AKA the big bad wolf tells me about this guy selling a Robello built 1800 super wammer jammer engine all complete pushing out 179 HP on the Dyno. Now i am all screwed up because i want to stay Datsun but now i can also go fast to. What do I do oh what do I do. :devil:

179hp L18? If that's at the wheels, that doesn't sound streetable. Even at the crank that's a lot. Is it Brandon's? If so, don't buy it. He still has points :) (I told him to upgrade for a selling feature)

Since you got so much money to burn why don't you start fundinf some of your fellow Datsuners rides starting with me, I could use some new parts  :rofl:

Fuck off! Your car drives fine! :rofl: Tanker, I'll buy you a 5 gallon tub of your favorite ice cream flavor if you pay for my much needed engine rebuild, so we can go fast together, and eat ice cream :lol:
  • Like 1

It is Brandon's. Is the engine bad. I'm on the fence with speed and reliability. Big dollar build. That's for sure.

I don't know man. 11k is an enormous wad for an engine, I don't care who built it. I have messages from him saying it makes like 200hp at the crank, and the power band is from 3000-8000RPM. $3500 is still a lot of money for an L18. He drives it on the street with no issues; it wouldn't be the engine for me, that's all I have to say.

I'd go for the mildly built engine, just for the reliability factor.

• Like 1

earlyvws.

Not really, Just make sure you put some kind of baffle on the inside. So the oil doesn't go poring out  I welded an AN fitting on the back side of Mr Big's valve cover.

With a piece of aluminum sheet metal for a baffle. That way he can plum it to a catch can,

Ray, can you show us what this cover looks like inside? Perhaps flip it over and take a pic?