saving a 510 from scrapers whats it worth?

So hears the deal Im a finder I found a two door 510 that if i don't buy and take home it'll be scrapped the car is not a rust pile and complete .

Now I'm not looking to make a lot off money off the deal i'd like to see it go to a good home.

I like the 510 but I'm a big guy and I just don't fit . btw I know where theirs a old junkyard with a few more datsuns to buy.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's worth scrap price plus a little extra for their (and your) bother to haul it out in the open and trailer them home. Pay yourself $20 an hour for your time on top of gas and anything needed to be rented. Now you have a minimum amount to start with.

Seldom are they complete. There is always something missing, little hard to find or high wear items. Take pictures of the engine bay from several angles and lots of the interior and the dash... we all know what the outside looks like and assume it's reasonable but show all the glass and a front and rear shot. What years are they? Your rough location so travel to, and hauling home, can be considered by a buyer. 

• 2 weeks later...

I almost considered getting rid of the red wagoon in the back a locksmith fella I knew sold me for a $100 cause he had it sitting around. After thinking about it in the last couple of years I figured I will let it set there and hold on to it.

IMG_20130324_120956.jpg

It is very rough bet it's all there.

So hears the deal Im a finder I found a two door 510 that if i don't buy and take home it'll be scrapped the car is not a rust pile and complete .

Now I'm not looking to make a lot off money off the deal i'd like to see it go to a good home.

I like the 510 but I'm a big guy and I just don't fit . btw I know where theirs a old junkyard with a few more datsuns to buy.

ok guys I've nailed the deal for the car down ! ill post picks when i go and pick the car up.

for what I'm paying for the car i can't lose . spring is coming and ill be back on the road to find more deals  

hopefully by early april . 

Two weeks and counting....

• Like 1

Well hears the deal ill get to the car as soon as posible to snap some pics. Its a two hour drive and I've already worked out the deal and this friday i got my truck stuck on a gravel road just by turning around . Its pretty slick in Alberta this time of year hope to post some pics with in a month .

• Like 1