HELP! KA24DE Into '73 Datsun 510

Hmmm......wonder if that would work in my 411 wagon?

Interesting thread!

Pete when was the last time you drove your 411?  I haven't seen the project thread updated in a while.  Canby this year?  

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pete when was the last time you drove your 411?  I haven't seen the project thread updated in a while.  Canby this year?  

Can't remember the last time I drove it, but at least 2009. Never had a project thread. The '66 roadster had been the focus, but I finally pulled the plug on that one in Jan 2014. Bought a ' 67 roadster that March, pulled the engine and trans to replace the clutch and head gasket, but that turned into a engine rebuild and a frame-off.

In the meantime, I put the 411 up for sale. Had some interest, but no one with money. Sold the L20b out of it. Just discovered how much money I have into it (too much.....sigh....), and decided to keep it for a while. Thinking KA24 swap, but need to buy a welder. '67 roadster is still the focus, but not sure when it'll be done this year. Also need to get the 914 on the road to decide if keeping or selling.

Too many projects.....too little time and money.....need to be 30 or 40 again.

.....and that was a long hijack to say I hope to come to Canby, but too early to tell.

....and now back to our regularly scheduled discussion.......

Damn, this thread even brought the swap master out from in his garage. In every example given icehouse is right, all hail wolfman! :lol:

But seriously, what icehouse said, you can turn the mount around on the cross member and get two more mounting positions out of it. That being said, the engine dictates where the trans goes, that's why the Dave Carroll cross member has the slotted mounting holes. With the ka in my car it is very close to the firewall, less than a hand width (meaning I can't get my hand behind the motor). It also sounds like you may have some issue with the motor mounts lining up having a 240z cross member in the car.

At this point I'm planning on orienting the isolator and the mount itself in the orientation that moves the motor/trans furthest to the rear of the car.

As for the motor mounts, those are going to be custom, so wherever the brackets coming off the motor land doesn't matter. Luckily they land right above the front crossmember, which is exactly where I need them