What's a '66 411 wagon worth?

guypatrick

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go to http://www.nadaguides-com/classic-cars/1966/nissan-datsun/411/ [and fill in the wagon details.] /values. This is the site that dealers use to figure tradein and resale pricing.  The prices are not based on hanger Queen or totally cherry examples, but real life condition.  Hope you get your expected value.  Print out the result and use to negotiate a mutually agreeable price.

• Like 1

I would like to hear you say that you paid 8k for it, that way I could finally justify selling mine.

Fill us in with your decision. 410/411's are way cool

More than a $1k I would expect, any less and you are obligated by your contract you signed with Ratsun. It states, that you are required to buy any Datsun that is less than a grand and within 50 miles of your home.

Rules are rules.

• Like 3

- History?

- Mileage?

- Does it run?

- Does it stop?

- Automatic or manual trans?

- Etc, etc, etc.

Without knowing any of the above, it's just us guessing, As a 411 wagon owner, my opinion is that it's worth at least $500 (probably $1000) from the pics as the car looks pretty complete, if not pretty.

If you pass on it, PM me the seller's info as I know an extremely motivated buyer.

• Like 1

Sorry 1966....... so ex sided,

You can edit your post by hitting the EDIT button. To edit the title select FULL EDITOR. I took care of it and changed it so not everyone needs to open it to find out what it's about. If asking the value of something just say so.

• Like 1

- History?

- Mileage?

- Does it run?

- Does it stop?

- Automatic or manual trans?

- Etc, etc, etc.

Without knowing any of the above, it's just us guessing, As a 411 wagon owner, my opinion is that it's worth at least $500 (probably $1000) from the pics as the car looks pretty complete, if not pretty.

If you pass on it, PM me the seller's info as I know an extremely motivated buyer.

As a 1966 wagon, it has a floor mounted 4 speed manual transmission unless someone has taken a misfortunate hatchet to it.
  • Like 1

I picked mine up for $300. With most of my cars iv snagged, I say 80 % are put together/ all compleat.

This is about 98% complete. I did a bit of wireing and need a rear bumper but all in all smokin deal

Geez, I need to hire you as my car buyer.

• Like 2

For what it's worth, I checked the 1967 wagon this morning on the NadaGuides site.  With no allowance for options like radio, the Low retail price was $1600, the Average retail price was $4875 and the High retail price was $10,000.  Remember!  Retail price!

No definition currently given for condition but back in 2011 the following definitions were used.  Hope this is of use to you all!

Low Retail Value - This vehicle would be in mechanically functional condition, needing only minor reconditioning.  The exterior paint, trim,and interior would show normal wear, needing only minor reconditioning.  May also be a deteriorated restoration or a very poor amateur restoration.  Most usable "as-is".

Some of the vehicles in this publication could be considered "Daily Drivers" and are not valued as a classic vehicle.  When determining a value for a daily driver, it is recommended that the subscriber use the low retail value.

NOTE:  This value doesnot represent a "parts car".

Average Retail Value.

This vehicle would be in good condition overall.  Itcould be an older restoration or a well-maintained original vehicle.  Completely operable.  The exterior paint, trim, and mechanics are presentable and serviceable inside and out.  A "20 footer".

High Retail Value.

This vehicle would be in excellent condition overall.  It could be a completely restored, or an extremely well maintained original vehicle showing very minimal wear.  The exterior paint, trim. and mechanics are not in need of reconditioning.  The interior would be in excellent condition.  NOTE:  This vehicle does not represent a "100 point" or "# 1 vehicle".*

* "100 point" or "# 1" vehicle is not driven.  It would generally be in a museum or transported in an enclosed trailer to concourse judging and car shows.  This type of car would be stored in a climate regulated facility

There is one of these here in Jackson Wyoming where I live I first saw it 19yrs ago when I moved here. It was sitting in town at a house out front next to an old Patrol. The Patrol disappeared a year or two later and I never saw it again. The old 411 wagon though has just been sitting this whole time. It has moved at least 3x in that 19yrs. I don't know if it is still around as the business it was sitting at went under about 2-3yrs ago. I have not gone to see if it is still there, kind thinking not as the new business is a car dealership. 

It caught my eye because it was sitting next to a Patrol but also because I don't recall ever seeing one. Also it was/is in pretty nice shape and complete for an old Datsun sitting so long that is. I noticed the glass tail lights and emblems right off the bat and always looked at thos when I saw it. Patrol glass tail lights are always busted is probably why I look at the wagons glass.

If somebody is really hot for one of these I could probably see if it is still around. How many of these 411 wagons were sold in the USA?

Cheers