Deal or No Deal...?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sorry, when I said that all the 320s had them dashes, I should have said the 312s also had the same dash(instrument cluster).

There are not a lot of them around, but if it is all there and the parts are good, then you don't need to find parts.

From the research I've done which isn't much I see it coming up as a 312?

I am sorry, when I said that all the 320s had them dashes, I should have said the 312s also had the same dash(instrument cluster).

There are not a lot of them around, but if it is all there and the parts are good, then you don't need to find parts.

No worries man, like I said it seems to all be there for the most part with the exception of a few trim pieces. My biggest worry is finding parts IF something is broken or I decide to buy it. Sweet little ride I'd love to get for my wife.

rare and worth getting if it is complete 

if motor goes and you cant find parts do a motor swap 

probably has a full frame but dont quote me on that 

It's an A-12 motor right? everything seems to be there if I were to "rebuild" the motor or source parts for it wold it be difficult?

Dayum......

Looks sweet......I'd do it for the right price.....regardless of engine parts availability....

....worse comes to worse.....swap...

4dr baby!!

• Like 1

I wonder if 411 parts would fit in there. There's alot more available. I'd be a little on the fence about this car only cuz its old and slow which is dangerous these days for commuting.

as a project though it is a cool little ride.

Yup, Even on my 1959 MG stuff would probably bolt right in. My '59 has the ancestor to the engine, AKA the C-engine. MG folks are known for taking these heads and bolting them on MG blocks I think. Been a while since I dug into it though.

To sum up what most folks already said:

- It's a 1963 312 sedan with an E1 (1200cc) engine.

- Not a lot imported, very few survivors.

- I believe most E1 engine parts are available although not the carb.

- All drum brakes. Most of the parts NLA. You'd probably have to have the wheel cylinders resleeved.

- Very few, if any, NOS or aftermarket parts.

- The tail lights are unobtainium.

- I also remember a few folks who had them, and got rid of them because they couldn't get parts.

What it's worth is just guessing from us until you can provide:

- History.

- Mileage.

- Does it run?

- Etc, etc.

Not wanting to discourage you as it's very cool. Just might be some challenges getting/keeping it on the road.

Keep us posted.

• Like 2

I would say that this car is not suited as a daily driver for anyone, it will have to have a stated value, otherwise if it is in a wreck, the other insurance company will not give you shit, so then your insurance company will go after the money for you as it had a stated value, I am not sure if any normal insurance company would insure it as a classic daily driver, but there is likely someone out there that would offer coverage at a price.

It's a rare classic, just put guards on the taillights to protect them, as they are not lkely going to be found at the local wrecking yard in any town.

• Like 1

Really appreciate the input guys you have more info than about it than I do, wouldn't be a daily would be something my wife can drive so we can go out. I think I may have to back out on it tho don't think it would be a good at the moment with moving into and renovating a house. Anyone else possibly interested in it, I can ask my sister for some contacts with the seller...

Greg might be interested in it, he has bought one that I know of already, Greg is AZHitman.

Really appreciate the input guys you have more info than about it than I do, wouldn't be a daily would be something my wife can drive so we can go out. I think I may have to back out on it tho don't think it would be a good at the moment with moving into and renovating a house. Anyone else possibly interested in it, I can ask my sister for some contacts with the seller...